Manziel Sent Home from Manning Camp

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
There is a thread on Texags and a few other sites he was sent home after he didn't show up on time Saturday. Apparently he was out partying late Friday night. Sorry for the misspelling in title.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Manzel Sent Home from Manning Camp

He obviously likes to party and being as high profile as he has become this is not going to turn out good unless he makes some big changes. I've done what he did but was not at the venue he was at or on the stage he is on. Glad to see AJ was not hanging with him Friday night.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Actually, Johnny Manziel being at a bar is a problem.

Am I the only one that's noticed that Manziel won't be 21 until December 20?

Who's buying / serving him all these drinks in a public setting?

It's one thing to get into your parents' liquor cabinet at home, or drink under age at a private party. I certainly did, though I was in that brief window in the late '70s when 19 was legal in Alabama and 18 was in Georgia and Florida.

It's entirely another to advertise your Heisman-winning underage presence in a bar by posing for pictures, getting hungover drunk, and having Archie Manning personally throw you out of one of the elite professional preparation camps in college football.

If it's true that Peyton and Eli were at the bar too (I haven't seen any pictures), and given the way they guard their public images, how do you think they feel about even the appearance of maybe, possibly, you-could-kinda-sorta-look-at-it-that-way, condoning underage drinking? Let alone underage drinking to excess?

This could get really good. I'm headed to Publix for more popcorn.

Last edited:

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

Actually, Johnny Manziel being at a bar is a problem.

Am I the only one that's noticed that Manziel won't be 21 until December 20?

Who's buying / serving him all these drinks in a public setting?

If it's true that Peyton and Eli were at the bar too (I haven't seen any pictures), and given the way they guard their public images, how do you think they feel about even the appearance of maybe, possibly, you-could-kinda-sorta-look-at-it-that-way, condoning underage drinking? Let alone underage drinking to excess?
I'm on my phone, so I can't post just the photo. Scroll down, it's the second pic.

http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/johnny-manziel-aj-mccarron-manning-camp-bar/

I don't have a problem with grown men having a cold one at a bar. I was merely responding to the "what was AJ doing there?" statement. AJ was in a social setting. Considering he fulfilled all of his responsibilities the next day, I'd say he handled himself well. It's up to Manziel to figure out how to be responsible for himself.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

What kind of place was it? Were underage kids allowed? Do we know he drank there, or afterwards?

And as it concerns AJ, it looks like the Manning picture was taken elsewhere. And anyway, my real issue with AJ is that backwards hat and all those t-shirts. Someone take him to the Locker Room, quick.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.