Question: Who's running the no-huddle this season?

beowulf

Nov 12, 2012
In the SEC I think T'AM,Auburn,Kentucky,Vandy,Ole Miss, will be using it.Am I right or have I left out any SEC teams? I'm not sure about Kentucky?Anybody else?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Maybe Missouri also. No huddle doesn't bother me as much as the hurry up. I know they kinda go hand in hand though.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Every team goes no huddle at one point during the season. Are you meaning hurry-up-no-huddle?
I think so, I think Coach Nuss is going to throw in a lot of stuff no one expects. May be wrong but who would have guessed our running & passing yards would be almost the same.

Its going to be a fun year!

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
I wish that Bama would run their power game at a more up tempo pace at times. If they are eating up big chunks of ground every play, then pick up the pace a little and let the conditioning take over. Some people worry about upsetting the rhythm of the offense, but if you practice changes of pace and get comfortable with it, I think it can work, especially when you have Bama level talent and coaches.

I wish that Bama would run their power game at a more up tempo pace at times. If they are eating up big chunks of ground every play, then pick up the pace a little and let the conditioning take over. Some people worry about upsetting the rhythm of the offense, but if you practice changes of pace and get comfortable with it, I think it can work, especially when you have Bama level talent and coaches.
Yeah me too. Nobody could stop that.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
If the Alabama offense would pick up the pace, more great players would get touches. It's kind of like the old UNC four corners offense. The only person to hold Michael Jordan below 20 points per game was Dean Smith.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
We've done that over the last few seasons - it's nice when you have the defense on their heals. IIRC we did some of that during the BCSCG against ND.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I prefer it when Alabama takes its time and methodically dismantles a defense. Running the ball when everyone in the stadium knows what it is going to do and the defense can't do a thing about it. This is what we are going to do, see if you can stop it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
In truth some of the 'Hurry up' guys loose a little steam when we have an 8 minute drive. Their timing gets off from setting around too long. Let them go 3 and out and we have another long drive, and the games nearly over.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I am one for bringing back the wishbone. Not full time. But to open up against the Aggies in the Bone. It brings back goosebumps for those of you old enough to remember when we owned the our opponents....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IMO, the hurry-up is most effective when used as a change of pace against good/fast defenses. It takes a few plays to get ramped up to "game" speed against a team with speed. Run a series or two at one speed, then run a series in the hurry-up and you get a few "free" plays while the defense catches up. Some teams use this philosophy with great success in the NFL.

If the hurry-up is your base offense, it offers no advantage after the first series or two - assuming the opposing defense is able to ramp up adequately. In the SEC, where the fastest players tend to be on the defensive side of the ball, this is a losing strategy. In other conferences, where the best and fastest players are put on the offensive side of the ball, it is a winning strategy because the defenses simply cannot catch up.

Last edited:

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
I am one for bringing back the wishbone. Not full time. But to open up against the Aggies in the Bone. It brings back goosebumps for those of you old enough to remember when we owned the our opponents....
A wishbone offense is something to behold. It is unstoppable. I do like the modern zone-read that makes the defense account for the QB as a runner.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm old enough to remember the Bone well. I love it, but don't want to see AJ running the Bone.

Texas was stupid to run Colt McCoy into a defensive line full of 300+ pound hard hitters. He was their whole offense. They do have a good excuse now if that's a plus.

Bama may be in a similar situation this year. The wishbone asks your QB to take a lot of hits. That would be tough to endure for an entire season in the SEC. Even when I was in school, QB's rotated ... like Rutledge and Todd.

Great fun to watch the Wishbone though.

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Getting back to the HUNH offense. I watched the Auburn/Oregon BCS game and I couldn't tell that is was much faster than a pro-style offense. They don't huddle but they line up and stand up like a bunch of Meerkats to get the play signaled in from the sideline. Might as well huddle in my opinion.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Getting back to the HUNH offense. I watched the Auburn/Oregon BCS game and I couldn't tell that is was much faster than a pro-style offense. They don't huddle but they line up and stand up like a bunch of Meerkats to get the play signaled in from the sideline. Might as well huddle in my opinion.
By moving straight to the LOS you force the defense to line up immediately to avoid a quick snap, which removes the chance for substitution. These offenses will quick snap to get a 5 yard penalty or if they catch the defense napping/substituting.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I bet you Bama will do some this season.
If Bama does, I hope they premiere it on September 14 against A & M. The only problem with that is A & M's defense probably sees it at every practice, so it may not be something that would help us.

I think I would rather bulldoze their defense down field until they are too tired to stop the run.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.