Detroit is officially Bankrupt

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
When you let a city or state or the nation know that the whole country is there just waiting to pay higher taxes and bail you out, it's reinforcing bad behavior to continue having to bail them out.

If every city was run like Chicago and Detroit and every state like California, well, we'd be up the creek without a paddle. It would be, China come on over and annex what you want.
Well, here ya go....

We HAVE to Step In and Save Detroit

It has started.

NO WE DON'T!!!!!

Last edited:

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
My prediction…. give this administration no more than 45 days, and millions will go to Detroit. HIDE YOUR $

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Compare Detroit in 1945 to Hiroshima in 1945 after the A-Bomb.

Now compare Detroit in 2013 to Hiroshima in 2013.

I will never fly into that city, Detroit, again.

If I was an athlete (football, baseball, or basketball), and I was drafted by the Lions, the Tigers, or the Pistons I would NOT sign to play with any of them. Trade me or you just wasted a draft pick.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
This administration has been bankrolling CA almost from day 1. If they do bailout Detroit it will unleash hell on the American taxpayer. I would think big cities and smaller ones would start lining up at the bankruptcy courts.

I'm looking forward to how the left will blame Republicans for this. They will regardless of the fact that the last Republican mayor of Detroit was in.....

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
This administration has been bankrolling CA almost from day 1. If they do bailout Detroit it will unleash hell on the American taxpayer. I would think big cities and smaller ones would start lining up at the bankruptcy courts.

I'm looking forward to how the left will blame Republicans for this. They will regardless of the fact that the last Republican mayor of Detroit was in.....
Didn't it all start under Bush?:)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Detroit was a slow motion bubble that has finally burst. 60 years ago it had over 300,000 manufacturing jobs anchored by the auto industry and pumped up by excessive union based wages. Today there are less than 30,000 jobs and no longer pumped up by excessive union wages.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Detroit was a slow motion bubble that has finally burst. 60 years ago it had over 300,000 manufacturing jobs anchored by the auto industry and pumped up by excessive union based wages. Today there are less than 30,000 jobs and no longer pumped up by excessive union wages.
Unions just kill businesses.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
OK, who hacked Bamaro's account?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
"i dont know about the rest of you, but i really love this fundamental transformation of america" - "I agree, I also love being kicked in my junk."

Unfortunately, the kick in the junk seems to be the only way to open the eyes of many. Government support and control kills innovation and promotes sloth and envy. Corruption has flourished because many allowed politicians to buy their votes and agreed to look the other way or not look at all. It is all good to some when it's the other guy's money that is taken but now that is running out and we will all suffer. All, except for the 1% being enriched at our expense.
The only way we will see this change is when the hurt hits those who haven't seen the big picture yet. It will come and TPTB hope we turn on each other rather than coming for them, the guilty ones. We live in interesting times. But hey, the stock market is roaring. When have we seen this before?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.