Question: How will the Barn do this year?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We had a thread like this last year so I thought I'd start one for this season to get an idea of how we think they'll do this year. While we'd love for them to go 0-12, please give an honest assessment of how you think they'll finish up.

Here is their schedule.....

8/31 Washington State
9/7 Arkansas State
9/14 Mississippi State
9/21 @LSU
10/5 Ole Miss
10/12 Western Carolina
10/19 @Texas A&M
10/26 Florida Atlantic
11/2 @Arkansas
11/9 @Tennessee
11/16 Georgia
11/30 Alabama

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'll go with 6-6

wins against

Wash State, Ark State, Western Carolina, FAU, and then 2 wins out of these games MSU, Ark, TN

With both Arky and TN breaking in new coaches and the cupboards pretty bare I wouldn't be surprised to see the Barn win both of those games

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
8/31 Washington State WIN
9/7 Arkansas State WIN but it's a close one
9/14 Mississippi State WIN a nail biter like 2 years ago
9/21 @LSU LOSS
10/5 Ole Miss LOSS
10/12 Western Carolina WIN big
10/19 @Texas A&M LOSS (blown out again)
10/26 Florida Atlantic WIN big
11/2 @Arkansas LOSS (give nod to the home team)
11/9 @Tennessee WIN (UT is horrible)
11/16 Georgia LOSS (blown out again)
11/30 Alabama LOSS (blown out again):biggrin:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

8/31 Washington State

This is their only BCS level non conference game and its not a tough one. Mike Leach didn't do too well in first season there and I don't see them improving much this year. Malzahn gets his Barn career off to a winning start with a comfortable win. Barn fans get giddy with optimism as they roll the metal polls.

9/7 Arkansas State

I guess Gus was destined to be in town for this game no matter what. This team put a lot of points on the board last season but I still see the Barn winning by double digits.

9/14 Mississippi State

I'm not sold on Dan Mullen and the Maroons may be calling for his scalp after this one as the Barn breaks their long dry spell in the SEC. Toilet paper is in short supply after the 3-0 start and a top 25 ranking.

9/21 @LSU

They nearly pulled off the mother of all upsets last year and Les Miles won't let them forget it. LSU wins big and Barn fans whine about how hard it is to win at night in Death Valley.

10/5 Ole Miss

Being at home, I think they may have a shot, but the metal polls remain free of toilet paper as the Rebs take a close one.

10/12 Western Carolina

They beat a bad FCS team 45-7 and act as if they had beaten the New England Patriots.

10/19 @Texas A&M

Even with a hangover, Johnny Football cruises in this one.

10/26 Florida Atlantic

Another easy win over a lackluster program and more giddiness in the Ugliest Village on the Plains.

11/2 @Arkansas

The piggies weren't as bad as their record showed last year, the Harley ride derailed everything and John Smith was clueless. With the game in Fayetteville, I say the home team takes this one.

11/9 @Tennessee

A matchup between two first year coaches. I may have a different opinion on this one come November, but I'll go with the team whose fan base has the most teeth and bathes more often. Oh, I guess that still leaves my pick a mystery. I'll take the Vols.

11/16 Georgia

The Bulldogs roll in the South's oldest rivalry.

11/30 Alabama

Their offense may actually get into the end zone in this one, but not nearly enough to stop our roll to Pasadena.

This leaves them 5-7 and 1-7 in the SEC, just missing out on a bowl game.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
ii got them at 6-6. beating all their ooc oppopnents, and finding one SEC win. But alot of those wins and losses are toss ups. MSU, UT, Ark St, Ark, and Ole miss is pretty shaky though I think they can beat AU.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Best case for them is that they go 8-4. Worst case for them is that they go 3-8. They have more talent than what they showed last year. That team just quit last year and had very poor coaching.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
ii got them at 6-6. beating all their ooc oppopnents, and finding one SEC win. But alot of those wins and losses are toss ups. MSU, UT, Ark St, Ark, and Ole miss is pretty shaky though I think they can beat AU.
I'll go with Poke at 6-6; however, they could beat UT and make it to 7-5. Lots of toss ups as mentioned, but I do believe this has to be a lot better team than whatever they put on the field last year.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
How is Auburn going to do? Bless their hearts. (I used the Southern Belle expression because I don't want to get banned for saying what I really think)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Best case for them is that they go 8-4. Worst case for them is that they go 3-8. They have more talent than what they showed last year. That team just quit last year and had very poor coaching.
It would be bad if they went 3-8 and just asked to cancel the Iron Bowl.

I agree they just fell apart last year. They nearly beat Clemson and LSU. They might have won a couple more if they'd won those, sometimes once you start losing things just snowball.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I should probably wait and just defer to what ever GulfCoastTider has to say...

I'd expect them to be underdogs in at least 5 of those games, and I'd really be surprised if they beat either LSU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Georgia, or Alabama. I just don't see them rebounding suddenly, they have a lot of major issues. I think Miss. State will tell us a lot about them, if they struggle there they are in for another tough season most likely.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I believe they will struggle with Wazzu. Might not lose, but they'll struggle. Reason being Leach is in year two, so the players are familiar with his system. Auburn's defense was bad last year. I can't trust Ellis Johnson to fix it in less than 8 months. Then, you consider their QB situation. They better name a starter soon, or they'll have more offensive issues than most expect.

riggstidefan7

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 10, 2011
Guin, AL
8/31 Washington State W
9/7 Arkansas State W
9/14 Mississippi State L
9/21 @LSU L
10/5 Ole Miss L
10/12 Western Carolina L
10/19 @Texas A&M L
10/26 Florida Atlantic W
11/2 @Arkansas L
11/9 @Tennessee L
11/16 Georgia L
11/30 Alabama L

BamaFanOnBeach

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 15, 2007
I am not sold on Ole Miss as much as everybody else. I have seen too many times where a team like Ole Miss gets a good thing going one year and then the bottom falls out of it. Sustaining success is harder than achieving it. Coach Freeze seems to have them on the right track and there hasn't been any sign of it turning the other way yet, but it doesn't take much to go wrong for it to happen. I think AU will have a winning season 7-5 or maybe even 8-4, then I will have to listen all winter about how they will be competing for a NC next year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I am not sold on Ole Miss as much as everybody else. I have seen too many times where a team like Ole Miss gets a good thing going one year and then the bottom falls out of it. Sustaining success is harder than achieving it. Coach Freeze seems to have them on the right track and there hasn't been any sign of it turning the other way yet, but it doesn't take much to go wrong for it to happen. I think AU will have a winning season 7-5 or maybe even 8-4, then I will have to listen all winter about how they will be competing for a NC next year.
im not sold on ole miss either, but i still think they will kick the crap out of the barn

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.