Class of 2014 Commitments Reference Sheet

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Someone mentioned in the prospects thread about a thread solely for the commitments. Figured I would do one. The player's 247 and Rivals profiles are linked with their rankings. As you can see, the two don't always agree on ranking or position.

Total number of commitments as of February 4: 25

RecruitPosition247 RankingRivals RankingTideFans threadOn Campus or Signed NLI
Bo ScarbroughAthlete#3 ATH and #35 recruit#2 ATH and #16 recruitTideFans threadSigned LOI
Ronnie ClarkAthlete#8 OLB and #116 recruit#3 ATH and #48 recruitTidefans threadSigned LOI
David CornwellQB#3 Pro QB and #65 recruit#3 Pro QB and #104 recruitTideFans threadEnrolled and on campus
Derek KiefWR#24 WR and #157 recruit#74 WRTideFans threadSigned LOI
Cameron SimsWR#10 WR and #82 recruit#24 WR and #174 recruitTideFans threadEnrolled and on campus
Ty Flournoy-SmithTE#2 TE and #76 JUCONo rankingTideFans threadSigned LOI
Cameron RobinsonT#1 T and #3 recruit#1 T and #17 recruitTideFans threadEnrolled and on campus
Dominick JacksonG or T#3 T and #9 JUCONo rankingTideFans threadSigned LOI
JC HassenauerC#1 C and #133 recruit#3 C and #214 recruitTideFans threadSigned LOI
Montel McBrideG#19 G#15 GTideFans threadSigned LOI
Ross PierschbacherT (ESPNU's #1 OG)#11 T and #120 recruit#8 T and #107 recruitTideFans threadSigned LOI
Joshua CasherC#3 C#2 C and #210 recruitTidefans threadSigned LOI
Da'Shawn HandDL#1 SDE and #7 recruit#1 SDE and #1 recruitTidefans threadSigned LOI
Johnny DwightDL#15 DT and #194 recruit#41 DTTideFans threadSigned LOI
O.J. SmithDL#34 DTNo rankingTideFans threadSigned LOI
Joshua FrazierDL#6 DT and #36 recruit#5 DT and #86 recruitTideFans threadSigned LOI
Jarran ReedDL#3 DT and #12 JUCONo rankingTideFans threadEnrolled and on campus
DJ PettwayDL#3 SDE and #22 JUCONo rankingTideFans ThreadEnrolled and on campus
Shaun HamiltonLB#9 ILB and #235 recruit#6 ILB and #75 recruitTideFans threadEnrolled and on campus
Christian MillerLB#3 OLB and #14 recruit#3 OLB and #65 recruitTideFans threadSigned LOI
Rashaan EvansLB#1 OLB and #11 recruit#1 OLB and #14 recruitTideFans threadSigned LOI
Keith HolcombeLB#19 ATH and #240 recruit#31 OLBTideFans threadSigned LOI
Tony BrownCB#2 CB and #16 recruit#3 CB and #25 recruitTideFans threadEnrolled and on campus
Marlon HumphreyCB#1 CB and #10 recruit#2 CB and #9 recruitTideFans threadsSigned LOI
Laurence "Hootie" JonesS#8 S and #111 recruit#4 S and #42 recruitTidefans threadEnrolled and on campus
JK ScottK#6 K#4 KTideFans threadSigned LOI

Pettway does not count towards the 25 for 2014 since he signed in 2012.

Transfer(s):

Jacob CokerQBFSU stats

Committed but hasn't/won't sign LOI:

Elisha ShawDT#88 DT#25 DTTideFans threadMost likely will be on medical hardship

Reported walk-ons:

Tucker BorriePHoover High School
James MosleyLBTheordore High School

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Class of 2014 Commitments

I'm going to sticky this thread just because it provides some really useful references that can be very handy when searching for threads and profiles.

Having said that, though, let me be clear that substantive discussion regarding the individual commitments (i.e. games, rankings, camp performances, official visits, commitment status, etc.) should and will remain in their individual threads, not here.

Many thanks for all of the hard work, RTR.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

RTR91, thanks so much for taking the time to put this together. I was the one who actually asked for a comprehensive thread on actual commitments. The way you have put it together with the links to their profiles and their threads on this board is amazingly helpful and far more than I envisioned. Thanks again.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010

Thanks, RTR91. I always appreciate the comprehensive list of the committed players.

James Teasdale

Suspended
Jan 5, 2014

New to the board and wondering how many more recruits we might take. Also wondering if Pettway counts against this class..
Thanks in advance.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

New to the board and wondering how many more recruits we might take. Also wondering if Pettway counts against this class..
Thanks in advance.
Pettway does not count, so Alabama has 23 guys who will sign NLI as of right now.

Isn't always indicative of total number of spots, but Alabama appears to be focusing on a few players left: Marlon, Evans, Elam, and maybe one or two more.

James Teasdale

Suspended
Jan 5, 2014

Thanks for that info. I'm assuming Coach and staff are accounting for some attrition. It's always confusing to me how they back count and stay within the prescribed signing limit. I figured Pettway might count against his original signing class. Signing day is so close now, I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Pettway does not count, so Alabama has 23 guys who will sign NLI as of right now.

Isn't always indicative of total number of spots, but Alabama appears to be focusing on a few players left: Marlon, Evans, Elam, and maybe one or two more.
Assuming Coker comes in does he count in the 25 or just against the 85?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
List is complete with all signees, their 247 and Rivals profiles, and TideFans thread.

Easily the best class in the nation again this year. RTR!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.