Link: ESPN: Talking X's And O's With Nick Saban

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
That was great, wish we could have gotten a closer look at the plays and really saw him break it down a little more, but still great.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I wish we could have heard CNS' last line, "This is the best interview ..." Clearly he was comfortable. The segment should have been 30 minutes.

Great stuff.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
IMHO the greatest tool a person can have is the ability to take the complex and explain it in a way that a lay person can grasp. Most people are capable of learning most things if you can just communicate it to them in a way that they relate to. As it relates to football, and particularly to QB and safeties/linebackers, the mental edge can make a very good player great and a great player spectacular. We often talk about the ability of CNS to develop players and this video gives you a glimpse into part of how he does that.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He has been really loose when talking about the team this year. I mean, I don't think I've ever seen him outright attack the idea that a position was one of weakness before. He usually just lets the media play the line out so he can talk about improvement from every individual. But he talked about how the OL was thought to be a weakness without being prompted then went on to say he wasn't worried and liked their development.

Saban does seem to have a good feel on how to motivate teams with their personality changes year to year. I think having a four year de facto starter at LB in Mosley and a 3rd year starter at QB who the team believes in helps him. McCarron seems to have grown as a leader too. Hopefully these are all signs that individuals have taken on most of the motivation and the team is responding well. I suppose the debbie downers could see it as Saban trying to loosen a team too tight with the weight of 3-peating. Maybe it is a little of both.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I get the feeling Coach Saban is even more excited about this team than we are. RTR
I think so to. Someone else mentioned that Coach Saban looks loose, which I've noticed. This team, I believe, has the potential to be the best all around team we've had since Coach Saban has been here. This team may have the right blend of size, speed, talent, experience and leadership to be better than 09, 11 and 12.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I wish we could have heard CNS' last line, "This is the best interview ..." Clearly he was comfortable. The segment should have been 30 minutes.

Great stuff.
I bet the best part of the interview for Saban was when the ESPN guy basically said he messed up by not playing for Saban when Saban recruited him back in the day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.