Whiny Little Girl Mack Brown calls for limit on CFB staff size

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
[URL="https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach"] Mark Schlabach@Mark_Schlabach[/URL]11m
#Longhorns coach Mack Brown said AFCA and NCAA are working on possible cap for staff sizes in college football

Mark Schlabach@Mark_Schlabach11m
Brown: "Alabama has had so much success and its staff is so much bigger than others. Might need a cap or number to make it more fair."

I guess we've had too much success. Gotta put a cap on that; can't let it get out of hand.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Re: Mack Brown calls for limit on CFB staff size

#Longhorns coach Mack Brown said AFCA and NCAA are working on possible cap for staff sizes in college football

Brown: "Alabama has had so much success and its staff is so much bigger than others. Might need a cap or number to make it more fair."

I guess we've had too much success. Gotta put a cap on that; can't let it get out of hand.
While we're at it, let's give everyone a participation trophy. While on the subject of making it fair, we should probably cap the amount of money available to any one program...you know, just to make it fair. I'm betting Texas has more money available via boosters than any other program in the country. Just sayin...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Cecil Hurt tweeted if Texas needs help staffing, maybe they could shift over some people from longhorn network lol

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA

Good idea. Then let's limit the size of the indoor practice facility, the number of seats in the whirlpools, the maximum amount of weight available on each workout machine and the number of lights in a scoreboard. THEN we'll have equal... oh, wait... we have to limit the number of times a team can offer steak instead of chicken and the number of different coaches polos... THEN we'll have eq... oh, wait...

Yeah, and all this from a team that has it's own broadcast network.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Hurray for football welfare. I guess Mack Brown is college football's version of Wesley Mouch.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

Brown should actually be for a bigger staff. If he makes the national championship game again, maybe one of those extra staff members will remind him to have his backup QB ready to play in case the starter gets injured.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Cecil Hurt tweeted if Texas needs help staffing, maybe they could shift over some people from longhorn network lol
Those on the Longhorn Network should be considered part of the Longhorn staff. That's an unfair advantage for the horns in their recruiting. etc.

So, Coach Brown is still shedding tears! It's time for him to retire. I actually hope he's 0 - 12 for the upcoming season. Maybe they, Longhorn Network, could send them to a bowl with that record and then they could end up 0 - 13.

He needs to stay outta Bama's business and get involved in his own busyness. He's afraid to talk about the Aggies so he talks about Bama.

Seems like I have a GREATER dislike for the Longhorns and Brown each season.

P.S. I will never vote for a Texas-ex as Governor of Texas.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Why don't we just forget playing the games at all? Just put the BCS championship tile on a rotating basis and each school gets to be champions once every 125 years -- just to be fair.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009

I might be wrong but there is a limit.. We just take full advantage and call some position other things.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Hmmm.....................more whining from Coach February. Well, we here have come to expect that sort of nonsense.

The kind of envy that idiot is spewing sounds like the same crap used by some of my friends to 'splain why Kamerad Santa Klaus is the greatest President ever. Anything beyond that will get this sent straight to NS.

But...........if I may elaborate..........slightly...........all of these silly notions only aim to do one thing: make everything equal, because that is the only fair thing to do. Which really means to make everyone equally poor, as the only way to achieve equality is to bring everyone down to the level of the guy at the bottom rung.

So, there you have Coach February and his basic outlook on life. "I'm really not as good as you are, so I want to make you as crappy as I am."

You will note he wasn't in favor of being cut down, a notch or two, when he was at the top, was he? No...............he just signed a new contract, for more money, that is all.

This is the mark of someone who is in decline, and they know it. They only want things to be fair when they are on the way down. You never see them wanting it when they are on top. Funny, isn't it?

(Actually, no.......it is not funny. Suddenly, I feel ill......................excuse me while I.............)

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

What a whiny-butt!! If Mack isn't still whining about Colt McCoy in the NC game 5 years ago, he is whining about our support staff size. Of course, that didn't stop him from luring one of ours away!! Texas always boasts about being bigger and badder than everyone so fix it -- don't whine. It is so reminiscent of the SEC coaches whining about CNS recruiting when they wanted to go on vacation. Quit whining and do your job!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I really is disingenuous on multiple fronts for Mack Brown to suggest this.

Number 1, as others have alluded to, Texas has it's on TV network. Don't think that might give the Longhorns a bit of an advantage, there, Mack? Oh that's right, he's already come out and said that it put Texas at a disadvantage because no other program has to do TV spots every single week which takes away from valuable scouting time.

Number 2, the Big 12 commissioner boldly stated yesterday that there needs to be a separate division for the football powerhouse conferences and the rest of college football because there needs to be separate rules and governance for the big boys and every time they try to get things passed, such as extra scholarship money for athletes (full cost of attendance), it gets blocked by the teams in the lesser conferences. So on the one hand, we want the big boys to be able to spend as they please because they can, but on the other, we need to scale it back.

Mack Brown is the worst ambassador for the game of college football in my lifetime, and the most overrated head coach as well. He's done less with more than anyone else has at their disposal. It does me great pleasure to see Texas keep him year after year.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

Seriously, how many $100+ per year businesses do you know of who only have 9 management employees who are responsible for 120+ hourly employees (the players) and 10 or 10 to 15 staff? I know of none. My BiL has a business that generates about $80 per year in revenue and he has about 400 employees of which about 40 have a management or administrative role.

Mack's proposal is irresponsible and antiquated and certainly isnt comparative with other businesses of a similar size. Personally, if you want to win within the rules, protect the players, have players that are model citizens, and graduate, how do you put a limit on the in-house staff? Personally, given our results I believe the proof is there that historically football staffs have been vastly understaffed given the responsibilities they are charged with.

To me this speaks more to Mack's inability to manage an organization than it is an issue of fairness.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Those on the Longhorn Network should be considered part of the Longhorn staff. That's an unfair advantage for the horns in their recruiting. etc.
Is it really when no one gets that channel? I'm disappointed that I won't be able to watch the Texas/Ole Miss game this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.