Link: Bo Pelini: Some SEC Teams Not Named Alabama Wish They Were Nebraska

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click here for the link

The only time I saw Pelini get riled up was when a reporter asked him if he saw the Big Ten getting closer to bridging the gap to the SEC.

Pelini doesn't care for those general conference conversations.

"You talking about Alabama?" Pelini said. "I guarantee there are a lot of teams in the SEC that aren't Alabama that wish they were Nebraska, wish they were Michigan, wish they were Ohio State. Don't talk to me about the SEC. ... You know, the whole SEC isn't Alabama, it isn't LSU, it isn't Georgia. Let's talk about certain teams. ... There are some teams in the SEC that are trying to bridge the gap to be us. Everybody wants to lump the whole SEC into one category. Let's not go there."

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Who?

Vanderbilt? That's about it, these days Bo. This ain't 1995.

(Before someone says Kentucky, no, not Kentucky. Kentucky cares about one thing: basketball. Football is a nice distraction until November for them).

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Right now, with the success that Bama, LSU, A&M, S.C., UGa & UF are having, why would anyone want to be Nebraska? All of the other teams in the SEC have the cream of the crop to aspire to be comparable to, and he thinks they want to be like Nebraska? That's straight out of fantasy land. Or am I in some kind of mental haze here?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Nebraska's three title teams WISHED they were Alabama. The barn MIGHT WISH they were Nebraska. That's about it. Sorry Bo, you are a joke and your bunch has been a joke since your savior retired. Now go pitch a fit over another kid signing a MLB contract instead of signing with you.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Arkansas wishes they were Nebraska so much they went out and hired the coach that hung 70 on Bo and Company in the conference championship game

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Why would Auburn wish they were Ohio State? Ohio State wishes they were Auburn when it comes to the NCAA investigative division.

Did you know that in the last 12 years, Ole Miss (5-0) has won more bowl games than Nebraska (4-6), and the Cornshuckers have lost to Auburn, Ole Miss, S Carolina, and UGA. Keep in mind the Rebs were coached by perhaps the two biggest clowns in history and played the toughest conference ever. I'm sure Ole Miss would love Nebraska's schedule too.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Man we really are in all these coach's heads. The question was asked to get a reaction out of Pelini and he went for it. Nebraska has a proud heritage and his job is to get them back on top. I'm really amazed at the stupid questions these coaches get asked. No wonder CNS is usually guarded in pressers.

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013
Right now, with the success that Bama, LSU, A&M, S.C., UGa & UF are having, why would anyone want to be Nebraska? All of the other teams in the SEC have the cream of the crop to aspire to be comparable to, and he thinks they want to be like Nebraska? That's straight out of fantasy land. Or am I in some kind of mental haze here?
I agree with you 100%---why would any team in the SEC inspire to be Nebraska when there's an Alabama.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Nebraska hasn't been Nebraska since Tom Osborne retired from coaching. I can see his point on the Mississippi States and Kentucky's however.
I don't know. If Miss St played in the conferences Nebraska has over the last 100 years they'd probably have a similar won/loss record and be considered one of the elite teams.

Kentucky and Vandy I could see his point but that's about it and I doubt Vandy would with Franklin coaching them.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Nebraska made a big mistake going away from the running game. They had all kinds of hoss walk-ons on the O line and at Fullback. Now they're just like anybody else.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
No you aren't in a haze...
Considering 6 SEC teams finished the 2012 season final BCS rankings ahead of both Nebraska and Michigan, (7 teams according to the USA Today Poll--oh, one of which was VANDY). 2011 was very similar with 5 SEC teams , 3 of which finished in the Top 5. Again, Nebraska barely broke the Top 25.
So yeah I'd say he's a bit misguided. Nebraska has a great tradition and history no doubt, but they're aren't exactly what they used to be...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.