LB Rashaan Evans Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Maybe word will get around to the other southern players and slow UCLA'S roll a little around here. If this is the case.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
There's no telling how this one will play out, but it sure seems like Alan Evans really wants Rashaad to consider Alabama. Its interesting that Kirby will be attending his grandfather's B-day party with Malzahn. You almost have to think he was invited for that to be happening. I know our staff are bulldog recruiters, but I can't see Kirby pushing the issue to crash the B-day if he wasn't wanted there.

Alan said the family will sit down on Sunday to discuss their options, which could include a change of plans for their scheduled Signing Day announcement.

"Right now, the plan is to make the announcement of ESPN on Signing Day at the high school but the more we've thought about it, the more we think the pressure from being here in Auburn might be something we'd like to avoid. We haven't canceled that plan but it's on the table for discussion. If Rashaan ends up picking Alabama, it could obviously lead to some reactions from the folks from this part of the state and we don't want him to feel any anxiety about that, especially if it could affect his decision."
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/coaches_from_alabama_auburn_an.html

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
There's no telling how this one will play out, but it sure seems like Alan Evans really wants Rashaad to consider Alabama. Its interesting that Kirby will be attending his grandfather's B-day party with Malzahn. You almost have to think he was invited for that to be happening. I know our staff are bulldog recruiters, but I can't see Kirby pushing the issue to crash the B-day if he wasn't wanted there.

Sounds almost like the Elam situation. I think RE really wants to pick Alabama but doesn't want to let down a lot of people around him or deal with a lot of the negativity he would get.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Great player; shocked if he comes to Bama. I mean really shocked, but Bama's coaches have been dogged about this player. Speaks highly of the young man's abilities that Bama would pursue him this hard against long odds.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
after reading the late bleacher report, and the al.com report, reading the excitement about auburn, and their players, recruits attention plus riding in gus's truck into the stadium. plus, the description of each teams use of his talent was confusing to me, if true. auburn wants him as a star linebacker, safety for ushing the qb. alabama wants him to gain weight and be a mike linebacker. which means longer wait to get on the playing field. evans in my opinion would be the pefect star linebacker needed against the hurry up offenses. and i cant see him waiting long for playing time. my read is a sure thing for auburn under those considerations.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sounds like last week when Lorenzo Carter's mom had Joker Phillips on one side and a FSU coach on the other at his basketball game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
after reading the late bleacher report, and the al.com report, reading the excitement about auburn, and their players, recruits attention plus riding in gus's truck into the stadium. plus, the description of each teams use of his talent was confusing to me, if true. auburn wants him as a star linebacker, safety for ushing the qb. alabama wants him to gain weight and be a mike linebacker. which means longer wait to get on the playing field. evans in my opinion would be the pefect star linebacker needed against the hurry up offenses. and i cant see him waiting long for playing time. my read is a sure thing for auburn under those considerations.
From what I've read, Saban and Smart have told him he has the chance to contribute immediately.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Seems like a good kid, with a level head, and good parents.

I certainly hope he comes to Alabama, but you have to figure that the odds of pulling an Auburn native, who plays all three years of HS ball at Auburn (a far different situation from Reuben Foster) are going to be exceedingly small. Not zero, but way less than 50/50.

If Saban can overcome the odds, it'll be a big upset. If Evans does in fact end up at the Barn, I wish him all the best, except for four hours one day a year.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

As I've maintained for a while now, if he listens to dad, he'll be at Bama. Like any proud pop, he wants his son to reach the NFL and dad is convinced Saban gets him there in 3 years.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I am pretty sure in a recent interview I heard Rashaan say we were recruiting him to play the SAM LB.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I am pretty sure in a recent interview I heard Rashaan say we were recruiting him to play the SAM LB.
I've seen where Bama is trying to sell him on the idea of playing next to Reuben who can play Mike. Rahsaan isn't going to play Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.