LB Rashaan Evans Updates

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
" shock", " long shot" " prayer" etc etc. Lol!!! With all these comments on Evans's recruitment. We have the best recruiter in the business and among some of the best working aside him. Evans has real interest in Alabama and is playing in a position of need for us esp. with the Whitley de commitment. Many have confirmed his interests in Alabama, he has family members that are fans of both schools. His OV this weekend and Coach Smart's in home visit today will go a long way in solidifying Alabama's priority on Evans. Btw, getting commitments from Hand and Brown were more surprises than possibly getting an instate guy like Evans.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
" shock", " long shot" " prayer" etc etc. Lol!!! With all these comments on Evans's recruitment. We have the best recruiter in the business and among some of the best working aside him. Evans has real interest in Alabama and is playing in a position of need for us esp. with the Whitley de commitment. Many have confirmed his interests in Alabama, he has family members that are fans of both schools. His OV this weekend and Coach Smart's in home visit today will go a long way in solidifying Alabama's priority on Evans. Btw, getting commitments from Hand and Brown were more surprises than possibly getting an instate guy like Evans.
I agree I think we have a good shot at this guy.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
The fact that he is on campus says a lot. I think we have a real shot. He is from Auburn and has probably been to that campus more that a handful of times. If we key on him during the visit and all turns out well I think he can be part of this class.

Last edited:

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Word is that Evans is having a great time in ttown. There have been multiple photos of him and Bama commits and players. His host is his old teammate at Aubunr Reuben Foster. It seems that we have made up ground this weekend. Most all of Alabama commits are taking their official this weekend as well so they will be in his ear. Auburn wanted him to come this weekend but he came to Bama instead. I believe this is going to be really close. It reminds me of foster recruitment after he decommited from Auburn. Most analyst were still expecting him to go to Aubunr but in the end He rolled will Bama. He fits better in our scheme as the jack backer. In subunits scheme he would be a end. He's smaller for a end but anyways this is a close race till the end

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's a article from AL.com about his visit..CLICK ME
His dad being a former NFL player should help Bama when looking at the positions teams say they'll use him to play. He should know which will be better for a future in the NFL along with what staff does a better job in preparing players for the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama Bard

Scout Team
Jan 17, 2009
I hope the Tony Brown embarrassment doesn't give him or his parents pause. Player development, both on the field and off, are our MO in recruiting and this arrest is a huge kick in the gut to that selling point.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I hope the Tony Brown embarrassment doesn't give him or his parents pause. Player development, both on the field and off, are our MO in recruiting and this arrest is a huge kick in the gut to that selling point.
Lets not throw Tony under the bus before all the facts come out.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I have used "blown away" about visits before....but they never measured up to this one. We completely shattered the Barns negative recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.