LB Rashaan Evans Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I'll say it; I think he is a great player. And I think he seems like a classy kid. But I do not think think he will go to Bama. I think he likes Bama; but when he gets over the visit, his Auburn ties will win out. I would be shocked if he signed with Bama. So would his family. If Bama gets him, he will be a great player for us. And I will be excited to have him. But this one signs with Au. I think it is like imagining Humphrey goes to Fl St.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I'll say it; I think he is a great player. And I think he seems like a classy kid. But I do not think think he will go to Bama. I think he likes Bama; but when he gets over the visit, his Auburn ties will win out. I would be shocked if he signed with Bama. So would his family. If Bama gets him, he will be a great player for us. And I will be excited to have him. But this one signs with Au. I think it is like imagining Humphrey goes to Fl St.
My thoughts too. While you can never count our staff out in swaying a recruit, I think at the end of the day this young man ends up at he barn.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Interesting. I wish you could/would say more about what you are hearing.
The Barn has been telling him that we aren't a family, all we care about is business, and players are just numbers, not people....

he basically came straight out and said those things people were telling him were not true and that Bama coaches really care, want you to succeed, are a family, but take a business like approach on the field....

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I can't believe AU is recruiting him at the star position. I get the feeling he likes playing as a pass rusher and up on the LOS. He doesn't seem to fit the star position. Doesn't look comfortable playing the pass as much. That may be the only thing that gives us a shot IMO.

As much as his family are Auburn fans, it seems his dad is really trying to help Rashaan keep an open mind and give everyone a fair shot. I respect that about his dad. Sounds like he is trying to shield Rashaan from all of the hype and publicity.

Last edited:

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
The Barn has been telling him that we aren't a family, all we care about is business, and players are just numbers, not people....

he basically came straight out and said those things people were telling him were not true and that Bama coaches really care, want you to succeed, are a family, but take a business like approach on the field....
Allbarn and most other schools negative recruit because they dont have much to sale themselves.....

Coach Saban and staff dont waste their time talking about other schools and why should they.

Thanks for the info.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'd love to have him, but you have to figure it's a long shot for an Auburn HS kid to end up in Tuscaloosa.

But if he really busted the Barn coaches on inaccurate negative tactics, it's possible that the lies might blow up in their faces.

Here's hoping so.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Its hard to say with him being a legacy and hard for me to believe, but after reading his interview....I feel alot better about Rashaan and I think he mite head our way. Maybe he was coming of a visit high, but his comments were very telling. Someone had been telling him that Bama was business oriented, not a family and did not care about their players. Maybe it was the Barn (probably likely considering how hard they push the whole "family" thing) or maybe not. Someone however did tell him those things and he now knows the truth. He also said he believed that his family enjoyed themselves (his dad, mom, brother, and two sisters came with him), and he loved the way our staff treated him and our family...no matter where he goes Rashaan seems like an outstanding prospect and person and I would love to see him in Crimson....RTR

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Its hard to say with him being a legacy and hard for me to believe, but after reading his interview....I feel alot better about Rashaan and I think he mite head our way. Maybe he was coming of a visit high, but his comments were very telling. Someone had been telling him that Bama was business oriented, not a family and did not care about their players. Maybe it was the Barn (probably likely considering how hard they push the whole "family" thing) or maybe not. Someone however did tell him those things and he now knows the truth. He also said he believed that his family enjoyed themselves (his dad, mom, brother, and two sisters came with him), and he loved the way our staff treated him and our family...no matter where he goes Rashaan seems like an outstanding prospect and person and I would love to see him in Crimson....RTR
Not the end of the world if he doesn't sign with Bama but it sure would be sweet. Seems to have his head on straight. Imagine Rashaad Evans, Marlon Humphrey and Bo Scarbrough on the same side of the ball.

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I can't believe AU is recruiting him at the star position. I get the feeling he likes playing as a pass rusher and up on the LOS. He doesn't seem to fit the star position. Doesn't look comfortable playing the pass as much. That may be the only thing that gives us a shot IMO.

As much as his family are Auburn fans, it seems his dad is really trying to help Rashaan keep an open mind and give everyone a fair shot. I respect that about his dad. Sounds like he is trying to shield Rashaan from all of the hype and publicity.
I don't know how much Awbie blitzes the star position, but if it isn't remotely close to a Sam LB, he will be under utilized at Awburn. He is a natural pass rusher.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Yeah...and maybe the sun rises in the East..... ;)
I remember, back in the late 70s/early 80s, there was a db from Fairhope that went to the Barn. I met him at Judge Roy Bean's one weekend and we had a lengthy conversation. He was a classy guy, never knew why he went to the barn...until he told me. They have been selling this same line of manure forever - "you're just a number at Bama, they don't care about you". He tried to sell it to me and I just laughed and laughed. When we went our separate ways I told him I knew of a good shrink who dealt with brainwashed people regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.