LB Rashaan Evans Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Think about it: your Dad played at AU but they want you to play somewhat out of position. UA wants you...but if you do that you will probably alienate some friends and have to deal with that issue for several years. You can go to LA, live in the sunshine and play DI football -- maybe even make it to the Rose Bowl. Who wouldn't take that?
rashaan is that you ?? :wink:

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Think about it: your Dad played at AU but they want you to play somewhat out of position. UA wants you...but if you do that you will probably alienate some friends and have to deal with that issue for several years. You can go to LA, live in the sunshine and play DI football -- maybe even make it to the Rose Bowl. Who wouldn't take that?
I wouldn't, much rather stay closer to home and in the SEC. Also would tell my dad if those so called friends alienate you because of me then they really aren't your friends. Roll tide Rashaan.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I can understand the kid's interest in UCLA. Mora's a great coach, one of the top schools in the country and the California weather is the best. As Padreruf said, "who wouldn't take that?" I would have jumped all over that as an 18 year old.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
His Dad started his career at AU, but never played there. He transferred to Chattanooga, IIRC. They do live in AU and his Dad has a business there though, so there is pressure to stay home.
Some barners have already been dogging his Dad, saying that if Rashaan is like him, he'll never be a starter anyway. That makes me think that some of them seriously think he may go elsewhere.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
His Dad started his career at AU, but never played there. He transferred to Chattanooga, IIRC. They do live in AU and his Dad has a business there though, so there is pressure to stay home.
Some barners have already been dogging his Dad, saying that if Rashaan is like him, he'll never be a starter anyway. That makes me think that some of them seriously think he may go elsewhere.
Wow. That's just dumb. His dad left Auburn because of that running back Bo Jackson that came in with him. Barnes are stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Did he go to UCLA? I'm seeing premium articles on twitter talking about how Auburn gave him some things to consider while on his visit.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Evans says he has a "pretty good idea" where he wants to go. Just got back from Auburn when he said it.

Here

Did he go to UCLA? I'm seeing premium articles on twitter talking about how Auburn gave him some things to consider while on his visit.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I'd say it is down to AU and UCLA... Wouldn't be suprised to see him announce we are out before he heads to UCLA.

"It was a bit of a different feeling because I actually had players come back and spend time with me," Evans said. "They didn't do that at 'Bama. Just with that it made me feel a little bit better. The players actually care about me, so just with that it made me feel much different from previous official (visit) I had."

Seems the AU Family is alive and well...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'd say it is down to AU and UCLA... Wouldn't be suprised to see him announce we are out before he heads to UCLA.

"It was a bit of a different feeling because I actually had players come back and spend time with me," Evans said. "They didn't do that at 'Bama. Just with that it made me feel a little bit better. The players actually care about me, so just with that it made me feel much different from previous official (visit) I had."

Seems the AU Family is alive and well...
For an Auburn High School kid, it was always a long shot. But given the bolded quote, there's no way he ends up anywhere other than home. All the best to Mr. Rashaad, except for one day a year.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
For an Auburn High School kid, it was always a long shot. But given the bolded quote, there's no way he ends up anywhere other than home. All the best to Mr. Rashaad, except for one day a year.

I agree, just the fact he said he may only have 2 hats on the table leads me to believe he is down to UCLA and AU. I'd say 95% AU, 4% UCLA, 1% BAMA.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
What I like about our staff is they visited Evans at his school last week, and went all out to get him. He was as close to an Auburn lock as you could get, and Evans comments make you realize he thought seriously about Bama (the family stuff is the fallback talking points; they make em say that when they were worried about losing them). CS and KS had to know it was a long shot but they tried hard anyway. That is why they get so many great players. They don't give up easily.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
So based on this article, some of you have already conceded Evans to auburn?? I realize it's easier to do so since some believe he was auburn bound from the get go, so the pain and disappointment won't be as bad when it happens. I get that.
this is a lot closer than you guys might think.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
This one is still a fight, and Evans is a mature kid with a mind of his own, but it does seem like his official visit to Auburn probably sealed his signature with AU.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Now it appears that Evans has canceled his visit to UCLA. Perhaps it goes the other way, but I tend to think that probably only further speaks to the notion that his Auburn visit solidified his standing.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Per Evans father, ucla staff will visit the family this Thursday and they are still a contender for Rashaan. This Saturday will be Alabama last chance with Evans when Coach Smart drops in. It will also be auburn's last visit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.