LB Rashaan Evans Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
ive yet to hear how he likes the thought of playing safety at the Barn....which is what they are recruiting him as....

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
ive yet to hear how he likes the thought of playing safety at the Barn....which is what they are recruiting him as....
I never could understand why schools would do that. I mean, if I'm a linebacker and I want to play that position then give me a scholarship as a linebacker. If it's clear once I'm on campus that safety is my quickest way to playing time then I will most definitely switch anyway. Football players just want to play but don't tell me no before I even walk on campus.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Glad he's coming in for an official visit, but the fact that he is doing it mid-week tells me quite a bit...
Hmmmm. Not sure what you are getting at unless he won't be around other prospects (which may not be a bad thing). :cool2:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Hmmmm. Not sure what you are getting at unless he won't be around other prospects (which may not be a bad thing). :cool2:
It's just usually a bad omen. In the first instance, mid-week visits typically result from prospects who want to use all of their official visits but don't have enough time to do so on the weekends, so they squeeze some of the also-rans into mid-week. Moreover, the visit itself is pretty different just in terms of atmosphere. Their host players are usually fighting through the weekly grind -- classes, study sessions, S&C, etc. -- and the night life obviously isn't the same on, say, a Tuesday night.

matt632001

Jan 6, 2014
Hi, new member here; 1st post. Really hope Bama lands Evans. From what I've seen/heard he is pretty good (somewhat of a sleeper), and he is just the type of LB Bama needs going forward to defend the spread/hurry IMO. Don't feel like Bama has much of a shot though. Mosley 2.0?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Hi, new member here; 1st post. Really hope Bama lands Evans. From what I've seen/heard he is pretty good (somewhat of a sleeper), and he is just the type of LB Bama needs going forward to defend the spread/hurry IMO. Don't feel like Bama has much of a shot though. Mosley 2.0?
Hiya Matt!! Welcome. I look forward to your posts.

matt632001

Jan 6, 2014
Sleeper in that it seems as though he's been moving up the rankings as of late. Didn't see much about him until the last couple of months. I view him as on par w/ the 5 stars myself. Don't know if he's a long shot or not, but I just get that feeling. Hope I'm wrong!

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I guess he is coming for his official visit this weekend. Let's hope that Saban and Bama are on their A game and can pull this one. I really think he fits better as a Jack LB than the Star LB that AU wants to use him in. He seems to like to be around the line of scrimmage instead of back defending the pass. Everyone say a prayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.