LB Rashaan Evans Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

One of the state's top uncommitted stars is set to visit Tuscaloosa as Auburn High four-star outside linebacker Rashaan Evans will travel to Alabama for an unofficial visit on Tuesday.

The 6-foot-3, 218-pound defender recently reiterated the Crimson Tide's position among his top contenders along with the hometown Auburn Tigers.

"Alabama, Auburn and Georgia are his top three right now with UCLA and Tennessee rounding out his top five," said Evans' father, former Auburn running back Alan Evans. "He will definitely be taking official visits to those top three and possibly UCLA and Tennessee as well."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Auburn High School 4* LB Rashaan Evans Visiting on Tuesday 7/30/13

Just noticed on his 247 profile Alabama isn't listed very high on his schools. Daddy may just be telling a story about who his top teams are. Who knows.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

No way we are getting him based on who dad is/was. Does he have a committable offer from us?

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Wow! Famous dad there. He was rated the top RB prospect in AL ahead of Bo Jackson their senior year in HS.

Anyone remember that?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Wow! Famous dad there. He was rated the top RB prospect in AL ahead of Bo Jackson their senior year in HS.

Anyone remember that?
Yep, tore up the prep ranks at Enterprise and then fizzled out at Auburn. IIRC, he ended up transferring to UT-Chattanooga, but I don't really ever recall him playing much.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect things will go far with us and Rashaan Evans. Our LB class looks pretty solidified as is, and if I had to wager I would say his interest is mainly due to his Dad trying to get him out and about and seeing what everyone has to offer. FWIW, I can't see us taking another OLB prospect with Christian Miller in the fold.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Doubt anything comes of his recruitment. Just passing along the updates. He tweeted this:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama and Auburn make Evan's top four. Link

One of the state of Alabama's top remaining uncommitted prospects has cut his list of contenders down to four schools and both in-state powers remain squarely in the mix. Auburn High School outside linebacker Rashaan Evans trimmed his list of finalists down to four on Wednesday and race to land the 6-foot-3, 215-pound four-star prospect is looking more and more like it could be an in-state battle.
"Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and UCLA are the final four schools," said Evans' father Alan Evans. "Rashaan is ready to move forward and focus on just those four schools."
BET, you mentioned no OLB after Miller's commitment. Alan Evans asked about that:

"We sat down with Coach Saban and Coach Smart for a while and got a chance to ask them whatever we wanted. Coach Saban feels like Rashaan can play a role for them as a freshman as a pass rushing threat. They see him as an outside linebacker that rushes the passer 75 percent of the time and drops back maybe 25 percent of the time. We brought up the recent commitment from Christian Miller and they said they seem him playing a different role, probably a little more focused on coverage."

I AM SPARTACUS!

Scout Team
Oct 2, 2000
Hamilton, Georgia

Anyone remember that?
I went to high school with his dad. He was special. I particularly remember the 1981 Prattville game. Prattville scored late to take the lead against Enterprise. Alan Evans received the kickoff around the 3 yard line, but didn't immediately start running it back. He took a few steps backward, looked at the goal line and stepped on it, then he took it all the way to the house for a 100 yard TD return. Bates Memorial Stadium was rockin'.

The only high school player in the country that year rated higher than Evans was Marcus Dupree, and as you mentioned, that included Bo Jackson.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Are we actively recruiting Evans? If we are do we have a chance of signing him?

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

What is that sign he's flashing in that photo? Maybe it's just my imagination.

jsanderson

Scout Team
Nov 17, 2007
What are these kids eating so I know what to feed my 2yo!! The recruits are getting bigger and bigger and I am just blown away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.