LB Rashaan Evans Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Hats off to the Evans' for turning Rashauun's recruitment into some sort of drama on signing day. It is my belief that he has been Aubie's to lose all along and nothing I've seen by Barney to date has done anything to change that.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Gus is meeting with him soon, and Kirby later this afternoon/evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact it is media & family only leads me to believe Rashaan is still comsidering BAMA and/or UCLA. If AU were the choice why would dad be afraid for the public to be there???

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I firmly believe this is just intrigue to build up a storyline for ESPNU's coverage and he's probably been tacitly committed to Auburn for most of the process. "AUBURN BEAT ALABAMA ON THE FIELD AND IN THIS MAJOR RECRUITING BATTLE!" followed by someone reminding the audience that Alabama still has the best class. This is just a ploy.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
RGW - I think you're right. While he is a good LB and would love for him to be in crimson, there is too much of the dark side against him choosing Bama. If he does choose the dark side, aka the Barn, I wish him luck except in the Iron Bowl.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
I just have a feeling he is going to roll with us. Or maybe its the mexican food I ate for dinner. Either way I think he could be a great asset for our D.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I just have a feeling he is going to roll with us. Or maybe its the mexican food I ate for dinner. Either way I think he could be a great asset for our D.
I don't feel it...think the kid is playing us. That's fine, wish him the best of luck either way.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm sure he's a great prospect. I just don't concern myself with it because I think it is a ploy encouraged by ESPN to have a certain hats on the table to spice up intrigue. He can gladly prove my tinfoil hat beliefs on ESPN's NSD coverage wrong.

For whatever it's worth, I think some of our notable Alabama to Auburn back to Alabama recruiting battles were ESPN encouraged too.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Did he show enough to be considered the best prep in Alabama this year, ahead of Marlon and Roc ? Honest question, not trying to slam the young man at all .

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Did he show enough to be considered the best prep in Alabama this year, ahead of Marlon and Roc ? Honest question, not trying to slam the young man at all .
If you're just looking for a personal opinion, I would have him as 1B to Marlon's 1A, and ahead of Roc. Though, I think Roc is a bit over rated (not trying to slight the kid, and I hope he has a wonderful career against everyone but us). Evans is going to be a really good player, and I'd be much happier to see him with us then against us.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
If you're just looking for a personal opinion, I would have him as 1B to Marlon's 1A, and ahead of Roc. Though, I think Roc is a bit over rated (not trying to slight the kid, and I hope he has a wonderful career against everyone but us). Evans is going to be a really good player, and I'd be much happier to see him with us then against us.
We may agree to disagree, but talent and ability wise, "Roc" Thomas ain't overrated at all. I don't guess you've seen him play in person or his highlight videos? That is nothing against Evans or Humphrey either. They're talented also. You don't win Mr. Football being overrated.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
We may agree to disagree, but talent and ability wise, "Roc" Thomas ain't overrated at all. I don't guess you've seen him play in person or his highlight videos? That is nothing against Evans or Humphrey either. They're talented also. You don't win Mr. Football being overrated.
Yeah we can agree to disagree. I have watched his tapes, seen him play, and watched him against competition in All star games. When he ran behind the same line as other elite backs in All Star situations, he wasn't near as good. That is a fact, the stats back it up (UA game he had 9 carries for 3 yards I believe). I think he is over rated in the sense that , I wouldn't have voted for him as Mr. Football first. Second, and this is JUST my opinion, I think his ceiling at the collegiate level is a LOT lower than either Hump or Evans. Btw, the Mr Football award has not led to much success in college fwiw.

Anyways, as I said, I am not trying to knock Roc at all. He is a good player. I just don't think he is on the level of the other two, and obviously the best recruiter in the game today (Nick Saban) feels somewhat similar...or he would have gotten an offer.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Agree that Roc Thomas is somewhat over-rated. Injury prone and really not all that fast or physical- high school yes but not in the SEC. Plenty of Mr. footballs have not been all that successful in college. It is more of a popularity contest than anything. And yes, I have seen him play several times. Remember-Cody Blanchard was named Mr. Football-played at Jax St. and is now playing baseball.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Agree that Roc Thomas is somewhat over-rated. Injury prone and really not all that fast or physical- high school yes but not in the SEC. Plenty of Mr. footballs have not been all that successful in college. It is more of a popularity contest than anything. And yes, I have seen him play several times. Remember-Cody Blanchard was named Mr. Football-played at Jax St. and is now playing baseball.
Yes getting Mr. Football in Alabama has seemed to have doomed you for college it seems.

And I agree on Roc, I honestly think he will stay injured in his college career. I hope for his sake he proves me wrong.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Last edited:

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Clint Moseley won Mr. Football. Roc is talented but Bo is better and Roc is more of a slasher which doesn't seem to work at Alabama. Best of luck to him nonetheless.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.