LB Rashaan Evans Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Yes getting Mr. Football in Alabama has seemed to have doomed you for college it seems.

And I agree on Roc, I honestly think he will stay injured in his college career. I hope for his sake he proves me wrong.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bo has been hurt as much or more than Roc, hasn't he?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
If Trooper and Luper were still running recruiting down on the Plains, I'd definitely say this situation is a setup to trumpet their recruiting victory over us. But their current staff doesn't seem as immature, and we seem to have a real shot here. I'm still thinking he chooses Auburn.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Sooo.... back to Rashaan. That had to be one of the most memorable birthdays that Evan's grandfather has ever had. I think it is great that coaches can put the ill feelings aside for a night and just have respect for each other. I'm sure there was some recruiting down to the last minute, but sounds like it was clean.
All else being equal, if the decision came down to what position he would play, I think Bama has the advantage. But we all know that kids don't always end up where they project out of high school. They could add weight or not develop like coaches thought. I'm sure the emotional pull is strong for Auburn, but it sounds like his dad is really trying to be open and protect Rashaan from bias. I hope they can make a solid business decision. I don't think Kirby would take a bunch of coaches to the party if he didn't think we had a good shot.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Sooo.... back to Rashaan. That had to be one of the most memorable birthdays that Evan's grandfather has ever had. I think it is great that coaches can put the ill feelings aside for a night and just have respect for each other. I'm sure there was some recruiting down to the last minute, but sounds like it was clean.
All else being equal, if the decision came down to what position he would play, I think Bama has the advantage. But we all know that kids don't always end up where they project out of high school. They could add weight or not develop like coaches thought. I'm sure the emotional pull is strong for Auburn, but it sounds like his dad is really trying to be open and protect Rashaan from bias. I hope they can make a solid business decision. I don't think Kirby would take a bunch of coaches to the party if he didn't think we had a good shot.
I think the Evans' seriously considered us on the surface only. I mean, you have to drive both the Mercedes and BMW to confirm that you wanted the Beamer all along. I think Rashaan is and has been all Aubie all along.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Not saying anything regarding whether it's right or wrong, but if Evans signs with Auburn, a lot of people will feel that way.
I think it's close, but as with Elam, the heart wins out over the head more often than not. With RE, I think his heart wants to go to auburn, but his head is saying Bama.

matt632001

Jan 6, 2014
I think the Reuben Foster situation was similar...heart was with Auburn, but he knew it was possibly better for he and his family if he chose Bama. Maybe Reuben had some influence on Evans at the party? I hope so.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
I think the Evans' seriously considered us on the surface only. I mean, you have to drive both the Mercedes and BMW to confirm that you wanted the Beamer all along. I think Rashaan is and has been all Aubie all along.
And if Evans does choose the cow college, just remember that there were some really intelligent people who actually chose to buy a Yugo.

BLP14

Jan 22, 2014
Can someone clarify for me...

I'm a little confused by Alan's role in all this. In an article I saw on AL.com the other day he said that if it were his decision he'd probably pick Auburn. But the consensus I'm hearing from both the Auburn and Alabama sides is that Alan wants Bama, Rashaan wants the barn. What am I missing?

T-boy

BamaNation Citizen
May 1, 2010
One thing to remember. RE wants to be ready for the NFL in 3 or 4 years. Do you want to practice against a pro style offense like Bama runs or practice against the zone read, reverse, option pass offense Auburn runs. How many LB's does Auburn have in the NFL that practiced against Malzahn's offense. Bama is the best choice to be a millionaire.

The man lives in Auburn, his mother and father went to Auburn. RE even considering Bama tells you he understands this.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Can someone clarify for me...

I'm a little confused by Alan's role in all this. In an article I saw on AL.com the other day he said that if it were his decision he'd probably pick Auburn. But the consensus I'm hearing from both the Auburn and Alabama sides is that Alan wants Bama, Rashaan wants the barn. What am I missing?
Nothing....Alan is deflecting. He's also the one that does not want anyone at his announcement other than close family and friends. If he picks Bama, he doesn't want backlash.

On a related note, Barn fans have been bashing him on Twitter pretty badly.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Nothing....Alan is deflecting. He's also the one that does not want anyone at his announcement other than close family and friends. If he picks Bama, he doesn't want backlash.

On a related note, Barn fans have been bashing him on Twitter pretty badly.

Smart move. Worked really well with Christian Miller.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
The amusing thing on Evans is that Alabama fans generally think he's headed to Auburn, whereas the Auburn fans think he's headed to Alabama. The problem is that I'm afraid Auburn's concern is more rooted in their neverending Alabama paranoia rather than actual substance.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Someone posted a pic on FB the other day of him wearing a #4 Bama jersey on one of his visits. In the pic he was holding up four fingers but what took me back more than anything was the look on his face. He didn't look too happy in the pic. Almost like he was not happy to have to take a pic with the Bama jersey on. But I could be reading too much into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.