LB Rashaan Evans Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
This one is all Auburn folks....with him canceling his trip to UCLA....and he's going to visit Auburn again on Wednesday....sorry to say this but he is a tiger..

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
This one is all Auburn folks....with him canceling his trip to UCLA....and he's going to visit Auburn again on Wednesday....sorry to say this but he is a tiger..
Just curious. What is your compulsion to come here and post this? :cool2:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
All kidding aside, if Evans comes to Bama his parents are likely the reason why. They love CNS and respect him very very much. They know the NFL pipeline Bama has been putting out. If his decision is based on business than heart , Tuscaloosa will be his home for the next 3-4 years.
Kirby will have one more opportunity to seal the deal this Saturday. Hopefully it will be enough.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
All kidding aside, if Evans comes to Bama his parents are likely the reason why. They love CNS and respect him very very much. They know the NFL pipeline Bama has been putting out. If his decision is based on business than heart , Tuscaloosa will be his home for the next 3-4 years.
Kirby will have one more opportunity to seal the deal this Saturday. Hopefully it will be enough.
Think the barners will take it out on his folk`s business if he doesn`t go to the barn ?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Interesting new guys....Evans' parents have decided to hold him out of school today (it is not weather related), they also may plan to hold him out the rest of the week and until he makes his decision. There is immense pressure on Evans to pick Auburn and this may force a early decision. His parents do not want Evans to be influenced by anyone to pick a school and want him to make the decision on his own which is why they have decided to keep him out of school.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Pretty brave and insightful move, however it turns out.

Interesting new guys....Evans' parents have decided to hold him out of school today (it is not weather related), they also may plan to hold him out the rest of the week and until he makes his decision. There is immense pressure on Evans to pick Auburn and this may force a early decision. His parents do not want Evans to be influenced by anyone to pick a school and want him to make the decision on his own which is why they have decided to keep him out of school.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Pretty brave and insightful move, however it turns out.
I think this means that he is truly confused....if he was a true Auburn lock....then he wouldnt feel the pressure....I think he is truly considering Bama....it still looks like Auburn(with Gus Malzahn going to his grandfather's bday party on Saturday)...but I think we have at least a fighter's chance in this one folks..because his father said last night in his interview on Baron and Bone that his decision will come down to the scheme in which he fits better in....and I think that is a 3-4 IMO but you never know what these recruits think

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
think about this this for a moment, no matter where Evans decides to go, Auburn is fighting tooth and nail for an Auburn legacy against their most bitter rival.

that alone makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :wink:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Alan Evans (Rashaan's Dad) said last night that the system that fits Rashaan best and helps prepare him for the NFL will be important to his decision. You's think that would favor us, but Malzahn will get the last visit. He also said that there will be a lot of pressure from teachers and classmates and others over the next 10 days as Rashaan makes a decision, and I think that's why they are taking him out of class until NSD. Once again, if he was all Auburn as many think, you'd think this wouldn't matter.

I think he is truly conflicted. It sounds like they think Alabama would be the best fit for him, but it sounds like telling AU is going to be very hard. This one is playing out like Elam's situation, IMO. Both of these kids are faced with having to say "No Thanks" to a lot of friends and probably family.

We'll just have to wait and see if they choose what is best for them or what is easiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.