LB Rashaan Evans Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Yeah...and maybe the sun rises in the East..... ;)
I remember, back in the late 70s/early 80s, there was a db from Fairhope that went to the Barn. I met him at Judge Roy Bean's one weekend and we had a lengthy conversation. He was a classy guy, never knew why he went to the barn...until he told me. They have been selling this same line of manure forever - "you're just a number at Bama, they don't care about you". He tried to sell it to me and I just laughed and laughed. When we went our separate ways I told him I knew of a good shrink who dealt with brainwashed people regularly.
Absolutely accurate, and they absolutely believe it. It's practically a cult.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm really hoping the young man decides to ROLL with the TIDE and make UA his home for the next 3 or so years. He could easily be on contributor on a defense that in time, should look to rival or surpass the outstanding defense of 2011 IMO.

matt632001

Jan 6, 2014
I agree that it's practically a cult mindset. It's almost to the point of being nauseating to hear every single Auburn player/coach/fan talk about "family" as if they invented the concept. The fact of the matter is that for some of these kids football is a business, and it can be a very lucrative one at that. However, that doesn't mean that Alabama or anywhere else can't have close-knit teams that feel loyalty for one another, the school, and the coaches.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
This would be a HUGE steal but I just don't get good vibes from him when it comes down to signing that name on the dotted line. I hope I get to eat my words though!!!

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Starting to get a feeling that Evans will head sumwhere besides Auburn....his OV to Bama was huge in his recruitment....almost as big as Elam's was in his

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It looks like after the in-home with CJM & his DC, Rashaan will visit UCLA. They are pitching a possible offensive package to him.
So they want to try and use him like Myles Jack? Will they make that their yearly recruiting pitch? That's a move of desperation.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Still don't have my hopes particularly high, but this one has turned into something far more interesting than nearly everyone expected. He's giving us a real look, the official visit went very well, and he's made it fairly clear that he prefers our defensive scheme to what he will play in at Auburn.

Always an uphill battle for a kid out of Auburn, obviously, but there is some precedent. Having Reuben Foster in Tuscaloosa, who was his high school teammate a year ago, certainly isn't hurting our chances, either.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Still don't have my hopes particularly high, but this one has turned into something far more interesting than nearly everyone expected. He's giving us a real look, the official visit went very well, and he's made it fairly clear that he prefers our defensive scheme to what he will play in at Auburn.

Always an uphill battle for a kid out of Auburn, obviously, but there is some precedent. Having Reuben Foster in Tuscaloosa, who was his high school teammate a year ago, certainly isn't hurting our chances, either.
Kid could be making a multi-million dollar decision. Not that he can't get drafted from Auburn but if they don't plan to use him where he thinks he can excel it's hard to figure out why he wouldn't flip.

I hope his high school buddies and home town pressure don't factor in too much to keep him from joining this outstanding class.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Of course, he can go to AU anytime he wants since he lives in Auburn, but the fact he's taking an unofficial visit to UCLA this weekend does hurt AU some.

crimsonseal12

3rd Team
Aug 10, 2011
Gulfport, Ms
Of course, he can go to AU anytime he wants since he lives in Auburn, but the fact he's taking an unofficial visit to UCLA this weekend does hurt AU some.
I don't think that's the case. He knows all he needs to about them, living so close and his dad played there one year. I think he does have interest in UCLA, but they are, IMO, are on the outside looking in. This is a two horse race, AU and UA, and right now I would say it's 50/50

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't think that's the case. He knows all he needs to about them, living so close and his dad played there one year. I think he does have interest in UCLA, but they are, IMO, are on the outside looking in. This is a two horse race, AU and UA, and right now I would say it's 50/50
This will be two weekends in a row he isn't with the Auburn coaching staff. Last weekend, they wanted him to come to campus because they were hosting other big time recruits and commits. He declined in order to come to Tuscaloosa. The less he's around the AU staff, the better.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
lets make one thing very clear here, Evans has some strong interest in UCLA. he is paying his own way to southern Cali. his teammate has committed to the Bruins, Evans has made no qualms in the past about his preference for leaving auburn or out of state. you don't fly halfway across the country on your own dime just to see the sights. the way Mora and co. have been recruiting lately ( Whitley and a recent flip from ND) , they are more involved at this point than you and I would like to believe. AND he is doing this unofficial visit with about a week or so before NSD. nothing would surprise me here.

Truth be told, if Bama can't have him, I would rather have him go to UCLA than the barn.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
lets make one thing very clear here, Evans has some strong interest in UCLA. he is paying his own way to southern Cali. his teammate has committed to the Bruins, Evans has made no qualms in the past about his preference for leaving auburn or out of state. you don't fly halfway across the country on your own dime just to see the sights. the way Mora and co. have been recruiting lately ( Whitley and a recent flip from ND) , they are more involved at this point than you and I would like to believe. AND he is doing this unofficial visit with about a week or so before NSD. nothing would surprise me here.

Truth be told, if Bama can't have him, I would rather have him go to UCLA than the barn.
This is spot on. He initially expressed interest to move away from for college, and he has been interested in UCLA for a while now. This will be the 4th trip he has taken to UCLA. That is a lot trips for his family to be paying for not to truly have interest.

UCLA is a bigger player in this game than people are giving them credit for, and in reality, they might actually be his leader.

matt632001

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks for the info. Much rather see him end up at UCLA than Auburn, but I hate missing out on great in-state talent. Hope he goes to Bama. Guess we'll all know in the next couple weeks anyway.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Why do the Evans live in Auburn? Does his father work for the school? :conf2:
I believe Alan Evans is a small business owner in Auburn. Not certain what type of business though. I know Alan played HS football in Enterprise and signed with Auburn in the early 1980's. Left the team after a few years to transfer (where I don't recall). Was stuck playing behind a fellow named Bo Jackson.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
I believe Alan Evans is a small business owner in Auburn. Not certain what type of business though. I know Alan played HS football in Enterprise and signed with Auburn in the early 1980's. Left the team after a few years to transfer (where I don't recall). Was stuck playing behind a fellow named Bo Jackson.
I'm pretty sure Alan transferred to UT Chattanooga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.