*** 2014 LB Keith Holcombe Commits to Alabama ***

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: ***2014 LB Keith Holcombe Commits to Alabama***

Not going to feign otherwise, this one absolutely came out of left field to me.

Old timers on here will probably remember his Dad, Danny, who played guard for Bryant in the early 1980's.

Last edited:

BamaDrummerBoy

Scout Team
Jun 27, 2000
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Keith is a terrific kid with amazing drive and determination. A bit of a late bloomer, but think Vinnie Sunseri and you will have an idea of the type person Keith is and the player he will be at Alabama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Not going to feign otherwise, this one absolutely came out of left field to me.

Old timers on here will probably remember his Dad, Danny, who played guard for Bryant in the early 1980's.
Bryant scholarship possibly?

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Certainly loading up on the LBs. Seems like an odd choice at this stage of the game based on who else we have a chance at, but I'll assume the staff sees something in him.

BamaFanOnBeach

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 15, 2007
with his size, he will most likely be looking at playing DB (we definitely need more). Looks like a solid pick up to me, congrats and welcome to the team Keith!!

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Welcome Keith! Roll Tide!!
I love how this kid attacks. He explodes when tackling a runner. It will be fun to watch him on special teams early on.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Never heard of him but he has some real big hits in that video. This is a generalization but reminds me of Dillon Lee with his size, body build and instincts (Dillon was bigger). May be a H-back.

Welcome Keith and Roll Tide!

Last edited:

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Likely though I think he still counts against one set of the numbers either way
If he does not sign a LOI, I don't believe he counts towards anything until he hits the field. I believe there is some back counting at that point, but no one has be able to successfully explain the implications of the Bryant Scholarship to me anyway.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
No use speculation where he'd fit in right now, but after watching his video and noticing he has 4.5 speed, he might just fit the new hybrid type LB that CNS wants to have to use against the hurry up. As well, with that type of speed he could move back in the secondary. As someone said, reminds me of Vinny.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.