RB Leonard Fournette Commits to LSU

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
Re: RB Leonard Fournette Updates (Page 14)

Just saw that Les dropped in to see LF Friday night before he left for Tuscaloosa for his in-home. Thats one of the reasons why LF was late to Ttown, as well. Pretty cheap move if you ask me.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Just saw that Les dropped in to see LF Friday night before he left for Tuscaloosa for his in-home. Thats one of the reasons why LF was late to Ttown, as well. Pretty cheap move if you ask me.
Pretty smart move. He's been recruiting that kid for years. Why look back and be able to say that you didn't do everything you could?

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

Pretty smart move. He's been recruiting that kid for years. Why look back and be able to say that you didn't do everything you could?
Im just thinking there has to be some kind of unwritten rule between coaches to not pop in the NIGHT before a recruit leaves. Im not saying its not smart (I would do the same) but in terms of mutual respect between coaches, it was pretty cheap.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

H4, I think it's pretty common.

Im just thinking there has to be some kind of unwritten rule between coaches to not pop in the NIGHT before a recruit leaves. Im not saying its not smart (I would do the same) but in terms of mutual respect between coaches, it was pretty cheap.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

I stand corrected then. Guess I shouldnt assume recruiting is a respectful, clean game. :cool2:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Only the big 10 believes in unwritten recruiting rules. Most schools barely believe in the written ones

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

I stand corrected then. Guess I shouldnt assume recruiting is a respectful, clean game. :cool2:
You do what you can to get the recruits you need. a coaches success is built around getting the best atheletes.

What would have been really stupid of Les Miles is knowing he was heading to Tuscaloosa for a visit, and not going to see him.

If Fournette is going to come to bama, those things wouldnt matter at all. I think he's a heavy LSU lean, and I've never gotten a really positive vibe from him about our chances.

Hope I'm wrong, of course.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Class and humility on top of all that talent. I really hope he chooses to come to Alabama.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH

Really a classy move on his part. In a day and age where these kids only care about "me", this was really refreshing. Kid seems to be complete package and the kind of kid we want. I hope he comes with the good guys.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

Well, I know its already a known fact but Les sure wants this guy, he's even getting taking risks.

He tweeted a little while ago:

Les Miles@LSUCoachMiles4h
#Geaux Buga Nation !!!

That is most certainly a subtweet to LF. Thats LF's personally coined "phrase" if you will. Not sure where "subtweeting" is listed in the NCAA infraction rulebook but I hope its somewhere.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Well, I know its already a known fact but Les sure wants this guy, he's even getting taking risks.

He tweeted a little while ago:

Les Miles@LSUCoachMiles4h
#Geaux Buga Nation !!!

That is most certainly a subtweet to LF. Thats LF's personally coined "phrase" if you will. Not sure where "subtweeting" is listed in the NCAA infraction rulebook but I hope its somewhere.
Just guessing, but I think a lot of coaches take these risks and I don't think it's a violation. There may be certain words or phrases out there in tweets or presers intended for a recruit just to show them that the coaching staff really wants them (kind of like the guy that would do stunts at aparty to get a girl to notice him).

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012

I might be reading too much into it, but did anyone catch his brief smile when the reporter mentioned all those other guys who are likely going to pick LSU?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.