RB Leonard Fournette Commits to LSU

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Re: RB Leonard Fournette Updates (Page 14)

Probably going to LSU but from the Crimson colored perspective I'd love to run behind the horses we are pulling in from this o-line class. Two best centers, the best OT, and one of the best Guards in the nation!...in one class! You can't blame the guy for wanting to be the man right away but Lacy seems to be doing ok after waiting behind Richardson.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Probably going to LSU but from the Crimson colored perspective I'd love to run behind the horses we are pulling in from this o-line class. Two best centers, the best OT, and one of the best Guards in the nation!...in one class! You can't blame the guy for wanting to be the man right away but Lacy seems to be doing ok after waiting behind Richardson.
Well, if Hill (at LSU) decides to come back he's not guaranteed playing time down the bayou either.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Well, if Hill (at LSU) decides to come back he's not guaranteed playing time down the bayou either.
He's not in that event (at least not in a starting role), but there is no reason to believe Hill returns to LSU. It would be a complete shock to even the biggest of LSU homers -- not to mention a pretty dumb decision on Hill's part -- if Hill comes back in 2014.

Even so, though, LSU still has a far more favorable route to early playing time even if Hill decides to return.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

He's not in that event (at least not in a starting role), but there is no reason to believe Hill returns to LSU. It would be a complete shock to even the biggest of LSU homers -- not to mention a pretty dumb decision on Hill's part -- if Hill comes back in 2014.

Even so, though, LSU still has a far more favorable route to early playing time even if Hill decides to return.
I'm not totally convinced about that because one of Les' "dirty little secrets" that A LOT of LSU homers dislike about him is his stubbornness to stick with the upperclassman even when the underclassman is better. He is VERY loyal to his juniors and especially senior players sometimes to a fault. Granted he might not do that with Fournette but it is something to consider when dealing with Miles. With or without Fournette I'm very pleased with our current RB situation.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Fournette just said his decision is going to "shock a lot of people."
My guess is to build up drama since he announces last. I'll be pleasantly surprised if his decision is shocking because it would mean us or texas and without a HC, I doubt it's texas.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Fournette just said his decision is going to "shock a lot of people."
LOL! Okay. Unless he thinks no one believes he's going to LSU. LOL! Even if he picks Bama it's not going to "shock" people. Now if he rolls out and says Auburn I will shave my head, go out in the front yard and sit in sackcloth and ash for the rest of the week and weekend.

Last edited:

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012

Didn't his dad say a few days ago that he didn't think there'd be a surprise decision?

BigA

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2013
Trussville, Al

Maybe he going to shock us by announcing he is going to Texas. Maybe, they offered him an opportunity to become the first player/coach in NCAA history.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

The only "shocker" he could throw out would be committing to a Texas program with no head coach...that would not only shock me, but make me question either the recruiting or the recruitee...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

Maybe the "shocking" part is LF will actually sign with the team (LSU) everyone thought he would from the very beginning :p

It seems like flipping is the new normal so maybe maintaining your commitment is the exception now

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.