RB Leonard Fournette Commits to LSU

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: RB Leonard Fournette Updates (Page 14)

The biggest concern with not landing Fournette has nothing to do with our offense. The problem is going to be putting him on the ground over the next 3 years on D.

First Sergeant

Suspended
Jan 17, 2009

i hope we offer Joe Mixon....he looks good...is there any chance he would flip from OU if offered?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

i hope we offer Joe Mixon....he looks good...is there any chance he would flip from OU if offered?
I was really hoping to pull a RB in this class because of depth reasons (you can never have too many RBs). Leonard has always looked like a LSU lock and I hate we missed on Roc because of not recruiting him hard, but I trust Coach Saban. I think if Saban saw getting a RB as a huge need in this class, he would have at least given Mixon an conditionial offer (which I think he would have jumped at) but we never saw that come to fruitation. Dont forget next year we have Yeldon, Drake, Henry (who looked like a beast against Oklahoma), Tenpenny, Jones, and Kamara on the roster plus we still have Scarbrough (who hopefully qualifies) in this class and a good lucking RB in Flowers in the 2015 class. I think we will be fine.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

Mixon's ship has sailed though he was very interested in us. We pretty much sold out on trying to get fournette.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Hate we missed on LF.

Roc Thomas did absolutely nothing in the UAAAG last Thursday. He was usually tackled behind the LOS on most carries.

He looked very small compared to the DLs and LBs in that game.

Now, he'll probably fit in perfect at Auburn with their scheme, but I can see why Bama may have "slow played" him as I've heard.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Would have liked to have seen Alabama land Fournette, but I never really expected it to happen, nor did anyone else on the UA side outside of the biggest of homers. I don't like that we'll have to face him three times at LSU, but really doesn't bother me much because the truth is you always face great players in this league, so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

For the most part, I really just have a hard time getting worked up about it one way or the other. We already have more tailbacks than we can play as it is, and frankly tailback recruiting has been fairly de-emphasized as a general matter (which is one reason we slow-played Roc Thomas like we did). I'm far, far more concerned about what happens at CB, OT, and DE/Jack than anything that has happened (or will happen) with tailback recruiting.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I was really hoping to pull a RB in this class because of depth reasons (you can never have too many RBs). Leonard has always looked like a LSU lock and I hate we missed on Roc because of not recruiting him hard, but I trust Coach Saban. I think if Saban saw getting a RB as a huge need in this class, he would have at least given Mixon an conditionial offer (which I think he would have jumped at) but we never saw that come to fruitation. Dont forget next year we have Yeldon, Drake, Henry (who looked like a beast against Oklahoma), Tenpenny, Jones, and Kamara on the roster plus we still have Scarbrough (who hopefully qualifies) in this class and a good lucking RB in Flowers in the 2015 class. I think we will be fine.
Well you can never have enough RB's but as long as they sign a good RB for 2015 then Alabama should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Maybe now that Hill says he's going back to LSU ole Leonard might still be a possibility...
Would be great, but I doubt it. I just wish Hill would move on. He's a beast by himself, but with LF as his backup? It'll be like Mark/Trent or Trent/Eddie all over again. LSU could very well go from having the best receiver tandem in the league to the best RB tandem in the league in one year.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Would be great, but I doubt it. I just wish Hill would move on. He's a beast by himself, but with LF as his backup? It'll be like Mark/Trent or Trent/Eddie all over again. LSU could very well go from having the best receiver tandem in the league to the best RB tandem in the league in one year.
Meh, University of Louisiana State always has great tailbacks, so 2014 won't be any different. That, however, doesn't change the fact that they have lots of unproven skill talent at WR to go along with what looks to be pretty bad QB play.

Different year, same story in Baton Rouge. They'll need the run game to be dynamic and the defense to take big strides forward to hit 10 wins next season.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I have heard some say that they thought Fournette and Scarborough were pretty much "mutually exclusive" - both were not going to commit to us given our current depth at RB.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I have heard some say that they thought Fournette and Scarborough were pretty much "mutually exclusive" - both were not going to commit to us given our current depth at RB.
Bo may end up playing the slot receiver. That is where he played the majority in the UAAA game (had a couple of snaps at RB also).

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

So the pressing question is...does the Kiffin hire help us at all with Fournette? I am sure Lane recruited him to USC but I get the feeling LF is solid to LSU. There is also a discussion on Tider Insider about Altee Tenpenny not yet returning from Arkansas after his last visit. I guess I am just wondering if there is any flipping chance at all.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

So the pressing question is...does the Kiffin hire help us at all with Fournette? I am sure Lane recruited him to USC but I get the feeling LF is solid to LSU. There is also a discussion on Tider Insider about Altee Tenpenny not yet returning from Arkansas after his last visit. I guess I am just wondering if there is any flipping chance at all.
Confused about Tennpenny comments. He's already in school IIRC. Are you suggesting he may be leaving or transferring?

We can only hope that LF would be open to rethinking his commitment to LSU. LK can use Bush as an example of how he'll use him.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Confused about Tennpenny comments. He's already in school IIRC. Are you suggesting he may be leaving or transferring?

We can only hope that LF would be open to rethinking his commitment to LSU. LK can use Bush as an example of how he'll use him.
Regarding Tennpenny, I just saw the headline on Tider Insider. I hope it is nothing but do not have any information other than that headline.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.