DT Matt Elam Signs With Kentucky

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: DT Matt Elam Updates

You have to like our chances with Elam after our performance in Lexington last night. Certainly. no one can predict how a kid sees things but it is going to take several recruiting classes before the Wildcats can make any kind of noise in the SEC. I guess it depends on whether he wants to toll along through the building years for the home school or become a Tider and compete for Natty Champs every year. I'd like to win with him but we will certainly win without him.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

You have to like our chances with Elam after our performance in Lexington last night. Certainly. no one can predict how a kid sees things but it is going to take several recruiting classes before the Wildcats can make any kind of noise in the SEC. I guess it depends on whether he wants to toll along through the building years for the home school or become a Tider and compete for Natty Champs every year. I'd like to win with him but we will certainly win without him.
it's not all about that. some kids want to stay closer to home. maybe friends and/or family. if i was in his shoes i'd be playing at kentucky. but thats jsut me because of how close i am to family. several factors play into things other than "why play at this school who is not very good instead of at that school who wins all the time"

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX

it's not all about that. some kids want to stay closer to home. maybe friends and/or family. if i was in his shoes i'd be playing at kentucky. but thats jsut me because of how close i am to family. several factors play into things other than "why play at this school who is not very good instead of at that school who wins all the time"

Exactly!! The arrogance of some Tide fans is mind boggling...

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Exactly!! The arrogance of some Tide fans is mind boggling...

moooooo!

I didn't see any arrogance. Coolbreeze's original post was very objective IMO. No one will blame Elam if he stays home. We all know kids have different priorities as far as selecting a school. I think even non Bama fans can agree that Bama will continue to compete for NC's in the near future and UK will probably continue to struggle to get to average in the SEC. Elam will be a good player no matter where he goes to school. We just hope he chooses Bama. Lighten up!

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

He has legit NFL size & talent, if he really wants to go to the NFL, it's a no brainer, he should come to Bama & play in a D that will have him NFL ready when he leaves college..Cause our D would showcase his talent moreso than Kentuck's..That's why I think he chooses Bama..All he needs to do is pay attention to how we're using A'Shawn..JMO

Last edited:

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC

He has legit NFL size & talent, if he really wants to go to the NFL, it's a no brainer, he should come to Bama & play in a D that will have him NFL ready when he leaves college..Cause our D would showcase his talent moreso than Kentuck's..That's why I think he chooses Bama..All he needs to do is pay attention to how we're using A'Shawn..JMO
I agree that he will be better prepared for the NFL if he decides to go to BAMA. And if I was him, or any recruit, I would look at the number of first round draft picks that are coming out of BAMA. I would also look at the reputation that Coach Saban has for preparing defensive players for the NFL. If you are going to be a professional lawyer, you should choose Harvard. If you are going to be a doctor, or an NBA player then Duke might be a good choice. But, if you are going to be a player in the NFL, then BAMA is your best choice to prepare you for your future. Jus My Opinion.

Those two side by side. Wow!

Sent from my iPhone

KYtider

Jul 16, 2013

Guys I was with him in Lexington sat night decked out in bama gear and talking to him all night about to you really want to be getting beat by 50 by elite teams or going to play for national titles every year.. he would just laugh at me.. I tried even using Brandon Deadrick who played hs football in the same county the Matt plays in.. But like I posted before on here, the kid is sold on being close to home and being a big fish in a small pound.. UK is recruiting him and telling him basically if he signs with them then the cats are a contender lol.... someone stated it earlier on here, the kid has raised himself and he wont be leaving the bluegrass, as much as I would to see him in crimson, it will be a miracle and i won't want to know nothing about why he decided to come play for us...lol.. RTR i'll keep trying..

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Guys I was with him in Lexington sat night decked out in bama gear and talking to him all night about to you really want to be getting beat by 50 by elite teams or going to play for national titles every year.. he would just laugh at me.. I tried even using Brandon Deadrick who played hs football in the same county the Matt plays in.. But like I posted before on here, the kid is sold on being close to home and being a big fish in a small pound.. UK is recruiting him and telling him basically if he signs with them then the cats are a contender lol.... someone stated it earlier on here, the kid has raised himself and he wont be leaving the bluegrass, as much as I would to see him in crimson, it will be a miracle and i won't want to know nothing about why he decided to come play for us...lol.. RTR i'll keep trying..

Probably best to just let the coaches recruit. :D If he wants to come it will happen.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

When Daron Payne commits which should be soon that will be some nasty DT's. Scary good
Daron Payne = 2015 class . . I think. ;)

Losing Pettway [knuckleheadism] Ball and Tomlinsn [leg injuries] and Paige [medically unable] - all between end of last season and start of this one - has left us more thin than usual at DT.

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Sounds like a very toug pull. Bone made comments that he hasn't seen the level of social media attention (especially from females) as he has seen with Elam and UK fans.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

you don't meet the definition of a booster do you? ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.