DT Matt Elam Signs With Kentucky

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Re: CB Tony Brown commits to Bama!!! RTR!!

I guess since I have a low post count...you think I'm a barner troll lol But if you think back....when Marshall ran for his touchdown CJ ran into the wrong gap after the running back and on the touchdown pass....Cyrus ran in to try to tackle Marshall instead of staying on his man...I never once stated that Coach Saban had the offense "figured out"...I said the scheme that he used was working in containing Auburn but it boiled down to mistakes that were exploited....
Actually this is right in point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

From everything I have heard...the visit couldn't have gone better. He brought his mom, coach, and sister. It was his family's first visit in Tuscaloosa, so it was their first time getting to see how everything is down there. The coaching staff told Elam that they dont expect him to just play NG, they believe he has the versatility to play the two and three gap as well. His coach also says that Elam knows he needs to shed some weight and he believes that Coach Cochran can get him in the right shape. Elam said that he is very close with Bama's recruiting class and that they have a bond that will never be broken. Christian Miller has said that Matt Elam and Joshua Casher became best friends on the vist. Elam also said that he loved Bama and so does his mom. I thought Elam was headed to UK, but after this visit, if I had to make a prediction, it would be Alabama..

Thanks for the update BB. Good info. I heard that Elam loved the 4 wheeler rides until someone crashed it. LOL. Wonder how many ATV's coach goes through each year?
I know he had a good time, but Feb 5th is a long way. My hope is that whatever concerns or fears his mom, sister, or coach had have been relieved. Those 3 are the ones who will most heavily weigh in his decision. Maybe they see that Tuscaloosa isn't all that different than Lexington as far as people and landscape.
Joshua Casher has quietly been a great recruiter for us. I've heard him mentioned numerous times by recruits. Hope those friendships can bring Elam in.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Mom signed off on Tuscaloosa. He's very emotional about the decision, knows Tuscaloosa is best, but doesn't want to disappoint what he feels like is the entire state of KY .

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I think we snatch him now as well. I think he was torn before the visit and it might have sealed the deal. We'll see soon enough though.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

Mom signed off on Tuscaloosa. He's very emotional about the decision, knows Tuscaloosa is best, but doesn't want to disappoint what he feels like is the entire state of KY .
Like I said before, maybe a call from Shaun Alexander might be in order. That kid sure worked out good! BTW - whatever happened to the poster from KY who claimed to know Elam?

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: DT Matt Elam Updates

He is getting ready to type up the same response he has typed from the beginning!

Just picking by the way!

I still think we snatch this kid.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Coach Lance Thompson will be visiting Elam on Wednesday in Kentucky. All signs as of right now point to Elam to BAMA. Hopefully the staff can overcome the in-state pressure to stay home, and seal the deal. If I had to bet my money on any staff being able to pull it off....it would be Alabama's..RTR

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Bama would be the right decision for his future and growth as a player but I can certainly understand his roots tugging at him.
I understand too about the roots tugging at him, but I like our chances when those roots are shallow in the college football world with Kentucky football. If this were basketball, I wouldn't give us a chance. Football though, regardless of home, Alabama is the best choice.

KYtider

Jul 16, 2013

I have been dealing with a family sickness and have not had time to post. and yes I DO KNOW ELAM. You can asked the 2 people on the board that went to school where Matt goes and they will confirm this for you.Alwayshavebeen I do have some better news for us, the visit went great and not only Coach Thompson was in Hardin Co, I am not 100% yet because I have not had the chance to talk to my good friend and his assistant coach but, I think CKS also made the trip to KY because they are a few jr propects in the western part of the state we are also looking at. Like I said I haven't been able to get ahold of my buddy and plus have been in and outta the hospital for the last week and half with a family member but, I will see what I can do to get an first hand update. The last day I talked to my buddy he told me that we made a lot of ground up but he still thought he was UK like 55-45 or at worst 60-40 and that was before the school visit and everything so I am starting to feel better about our situation.. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.