DT Matt Elam Signs With Kentucky

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Going ahead and start his own thread, too. 247 Profile

Elam announced today his top six schools: Bama, Kentucky, Louisville, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Tennessee

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: DT Matt Elam Updates

Home school, immediate playing time, or continue the young tradition of putting nose guards in the league at Alabama?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

Alabama -- where else do you have a better chance of winning and grabbing a multi-million NFL contract at the end?

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

Will we have a spot left for him if he wants to come to Alabama? I would think so but this class does not have many open spots and there are a lot of recruits considering Bama.

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013

Don't think we'll end up with him. And that's not a bad thing IMO.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

It seems to me that a key to stopping the HUNH offense is to get pressure with the D Lineman without having to blitz so much. Let's see if our recruiting strategy reflects this need this year by emphasizing gets on the D Line like Elam.

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013

Just out of curiosity, why would that be a good thing, we need at least one space eater DT every class, especially since they're so vital to the success of our D..
Just have my doubts about Elam. He goes to my alma mater, my younger played with him, and three of the assistant coaches are former teammates of mine. From everything I've heard some of the recruiting services are a bit too high on him. Although I was told the staff seemed to make him a priority when he visited in the spring. Don't get me wrong he has potential just based on size alone, but I think we'd be better off using the scholarship on someone else. Ivory and Lake will hold down the nose guard position for the next couple years, and hopefully we land Payne in the 2015 class who sounds like difference maker.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

Just have my doubts about Elam. He goes to my alma mater, my younger played with him, and three of the assistant coaches are former teammates of mine. From everything I've heard some of the recruiting services are a bit too high on him. Although I was told the staff seemed to make him a priority when he visited in the spring. Don't get me wrong he has potential just based on size alone, but I think we'd be better off using the scholarship on someone else. Ivory and Lake will hold down the nose guard position for the next couple years, and hopefully we land Payne in the 2015 class who sounds like difference maker.
not saying you are wrong by no means but I watched Courtney Upshaw play my high schools team and left unimpressed. He sure fooled me in the end.

KYtider

Jul 16, 2013

I just joined the board and then seen the recruiting section and just wanted to let everyone know to not get their hopes up on Matt Elam, my good friend takes him on his recruiting trips including the one to Bama because his father is the coach of John Hardin HS where Matt plays. I talk with him at least a couple times a week, and he came to Bama just for the great experience and to learn from our coaching staff. Those of you that say we couldn't use him are out of your mind, he is prob a top 5 player to ever come outta this state, and 2 of the 5 was Shaun Alexander, and a #1 draft pick in Tim Couch.. The kid is unreal.. But it is a sad situation, he don't come from the greatest home situation and his mother has never seen him play a game.. I have been a die hard Bama Fan my whole life and competed against Alexander and Couch in HS and went on to play at Eastern KY University but we are not getting this one guys.. I have direct information that he will be playing for UK, and even though they are awful and the only time I go watch them is when Bama comes to Lex, Stoops has did a pretty good job recruiting and Matt Elam is going to be his prize recruit from a state that has a player of his caliber once ever decade at best.. I would love to see him in Crimson and he loves Bama, but distance and his mother win out on this one.. But we are Bama and like said previously we will win with him or without him, but he will be playing on Sunday's and if you knew the kid all you can do it hope he has a great career and makes it for him and his family.. RTR

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I just joined the board and then seen the recruiting section and just wanted to let everyone know to not get their hopes up on Matt Elam, my good friend takes him on his recruiting trips including the one to Bama because his father is the coach of John Hardin HS where Matt plays. I talk with him at least a couple times a week, and he came to Bama just for the great experience and to learn from our coaching staff. Those of you that say we couldn't use him are out of your mind, he is prob a top 5 player to ever come outta this state, and 2 of the 5 was Shaun Alexander, and a #1 draft pick in Tim Couch.. The kid is unreal.. But it is a sad situation, he don't come from the greatest home situation and his mother has never seen him play a game.. I have been a die hard Bama Fan my whole life and competed against Alexander and Couch in HS and went on to play at Eastern KY University but we are not getting this one guys.. I have direct information that he will be playing for UK, and even though they are awful and the only time I go watch them is when Bama comes to Lex, Stoops has did a pretty good job recruiting and Matt Elam is going to be his prize recruit from a state that has a player of his caliber once ever decade at best.. I would love to see him in Crimson and he loves Bama, but distance and his mother win out on this one.. But we are Bama and like said previously we will win with him or without him, but he will be playing on Sunday's and if you knew the kid all you can do it hope he has a great career and makes it for him and his family.. RTR
Thanks for the info. When that state produces an elite talent I do believe it is very hard to pull them out. Here's to him bucking the trend.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

narddogg81

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 18, 2012

seems legit

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005

I am not sure I understand why he would stay in Ky when his mother never goes to see him play. Why would that change if he stays there?

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

I am not sure I understand why he would stay in Ky when his mother never goes to see him play. Why would that change if he stays there?
I wondered the same thing. Seems like under the circumstances that would not be a factor since she's never seen him play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.