DT Matt Elam Signs With Kentucky

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Re: DT Matt Elam Updates

If this % is accurate I don't like our chances at this point, but we'll see.
I have been dealing with a family sickness and have not had time to post. and yes I DO KNOW ELAM. You can asked the 2 people on the board that went to school where Matt goes and they will confirm this for you.Alwayshavebeen I do have some better news for us, the visit went great and not only Coach Thompson was in Hardin Co, I am not 100% yet because I have not had the chance to talk to my good friend and his assistant coach but, I think CKS also made the trip to KY because they are a few jr propects in the western part of the state we are also looking at. Like I said I haven't been able to get ahold of my buddy and plus have been in and outta the hospital for the last week and half with a family member but, I will see what I can do to get an first hand update. The last day I talked to my buddy he told me that we made a lot of ground up but he still thought he was UK like 55-45 or at worst 60-40 and that was before the school visit and everything so I am starting to feel better about our situation.. RTR

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010

Sounds like Elam wants to stay close to home. I think Josh Frazier has pleasantly surprised everyone with his performance.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

What makes you believe/feel that way?
It really does not matter at this point. Only Elam has a clue and I don't think even he knows for sure. I do know that either decision will be the best for him so I respect it either way.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

It really does not matter at this point. Only Elam has a clue and I don't think even he knows for sure. I do know that either decision will be the best for him so I respect it either way.
Exactly. He's conflicted. I think he sees it as disappointing an entire state if he leaves. I think he knows Bama is the better place to develop, but the home state appeal is the only real thing in our way. Apparently, his family liked their visit, so that helped.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I can understand the pressure he is under but seriously its time for him to be a man and make his OWN choice and we all know where he will shine the brightest. Sorry Kentucky. There have been several recruits in the past during the Saban era with the same situation as he is under his isn't any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
If the announcement is at school which it appears to be I'd lean UK. Won't have to wait long now. RTR!
Would he have a press conference at his home if it were Bama?

Either way we'll be fine with Frazier and we look good for Shaw if we push for him. I'm expecting Elam to stay home and we may never hear his name again. Good luck to him.

BamaRevT

1st Team
Apr 10, 2002
Fayetteville, Tn.

Hope and pray that the family member is going to be ok. Looking forward to hearing more info as you can get.
I have been dealing with a family sickness and have not had time to post. and yes I DO KNOW ELAM. You can asked the 2 people on the board that went to school where Matt goes and they will confirm this for you.Alwayshavebeen I do have some better news for us, the visit went great and not only Coach Thompson was in Hardin Co, I am not 100% yet because I have not had the chance to talk to my good friend and his assistant coach but, I think CKS also made the trip to KY because they are a few jr propects in the western part of the state we are also looking at. Like I said I haven't been able to get ahold of my buddy and plus have been in and outta the hospital for the last week and half with a family member but, I will see what I can do to get an first hand update. The last day I talked to my buddy he told me that we made a lot of ground up but he still thought he was UK like 55-45 or at worst 60-40 and that was before the school visit and everything so I am starting to feel better about our situation.. RTR

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Well, he stated that his OV to Bama made his decision that much harder. I would think that if he was going to sign with Bama the visit would have made the decision easier.[/QUOTE]

Bingo! If Elam were to commit to us then he would wait until signing day. An announcement beforehand plays to the home crowd...really wish him the best of luck either way.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Well, he stated that his OV to Bama made his decision that much harder. I would think that if he was going to sign with Bama the visit would have made the decision easier.[/QUOTE]

Bingo! If Elam were to commit to us then he would wait until signing day. An announcement beforehand plays to the home crowd...really wish him the best of luck either way.
Yep, this one`s done. Time to move on, IMHO (hope I`m wrong, but I don`t think so).

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

I still think he is coming to Bama in the end....this one is starting to remind me of Robert Foster's recruitment last year. Everybody knew he loved Bama but thought since his mom wanted him at Pitt and the immense in-state pressure that he would in up there. In the end though he knew Bama was the right place and chose Bama against all those factors. I think in the end Elam will do the same

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
Re: DT Matt Elam Updates (Announcing Thursday, January 30th)

I can understand the pressure of staying in your home state, but c'mon this is Kentucky football, not Kentucky basketball. This kid needs to think about his future and not worrying about trying to please his hometown. If his eyes are definitely focusing on the NFL, then he has a much greater chance at Bama as the coaches will give him the preparation he needs to get to the next level. He'd be crazy not to roll with the Tide.....

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: DT Matt Elam Updates (Announcing Thursday, January 30th)

I can understand the pressure of staying in your home state, but c'mon this is Kentucky football, not Kentucky basketball. This kid needs to think about his future and not worrying about trying to please his hometown. If his eyes are definitely focusing on the NFL, then he has a much greater chance at Bama as the coaches will give him the preparation he needs to get to the next level. He'd be crazy not to roll with the Tide.....
Wholeheartedly agree, but.........

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.