Favorite Place For A Hamburger/Cheeseburger (non chain)

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Ok folks, we all know of or have a place we like to go when possible to get a good burger. For me, its Hickies Hamburgers in New Boston, OH. Walk in to this little icon and your plate is a piece of wax paper. The burgers are small (about the size of a Krystal) so you will have to order a few to get your fill.

List your favorite place to go for a burger as long it is NOT a chain joint.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Bens Jr in Fairhope, AL It's a barbecue joint . . OK 'cue, but the burger is yuuuuuummy. Another reason I miss Fairhope.

Currently, Brown's Diner on Hillsboro in Nashville. Near Belmont and Vandy.

Last edited:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
A little over a week ago my friend and I visited the famous Thurman's Cafe on the south side of Columbus,Ohio. We did not leave disappointed.

I have eaten at Staggs grocery in Florence, grew up not far from their and knew Billy all my life.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
We have a little family-owned joint in Lake Charles named Ball's Fried Chicken. Thing is, their fish sandwiches and hamburgers are better than their chicken (which is awesome, by the way). Tons of cholesterol, but worth every bite.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Atlanta has almost too many to name, but 'Holeman and Finch 'on peach tree and of course Vortex in little 5 points.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Prolly best burger ever was I when I was in San Diego about 4 years ago. Slaters 50/50 . Ground bacon and ground beef burgers. Found these pics on the net. Ridiculously good hamburger.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have never been to Holman and Finch or heard of them either. You must be one of the lucky to have had their burgers. Only 12 a night? plus at 10pm?

Yeah , that's during the week. Try them on Sunday morning.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
should continued reading their website, i missed that part.

for $12 before taxes and tip it better be a tasty burger.
most of the burgers at O'charley's or longhorns are over 10 bucks now , so it's really not out of line.

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Carl's Jr in Fairhope, AL It's a barbecue joint . . OK 'cue, but the burger is yuuuuuummy. Another reason I miss Fairhope.

Currently, Brown's Diner on Hillsboro in Nashville. Near Belmont and Vandy.
Did you mean Original Ben's Jr Bar-B-Que? They have some of the best burgers in the country and I travel all over. You ever get close do yourself a favor and get on of these burgers.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Not sure if Milo's qualifies as a chain, but it's really good,

Jack Brown's is also good,though I think they have some stores on in multiple cities.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.