RB Roc Thomas Commits to Auburn

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Roc Thomas to Auburn

"Roc" Thomas apparently injured in the game last night in the 1st half against Carrollton, GA. Word on the sidelines saying it may have been a concussion?? If so, this will be tough for his future as a running back.
I agree 100% with ya..I hope that's not the case, cause as you stated, no other postition takes more of a consistant pounding than a RB(especially in the SEC)..I hope he comes back strong & can have a great SEC career(unless he's playing Bama that is..LOL)

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
If I recall correctly Ch Jones suffered a concussion late in the season for Minor his senior year. And he seems to have recovered quite well.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
If I recall correctly Ch Jones suffered a concussion late in the season for Minor his senior year. And he seems to have recovered quite well.
Concussions can effect people different ways...plus, once you get one or two -- especially if they are not diagnosed, which happens a lot--- you are more likely to get another much more easily. They are nothing to joke about.

You should see all of the new training AHSAA makes us coaches do plus the verbage in the consent forms parents have to sign now.

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Say we miss on Fournette and pursue Roc pretty hard do you think we could flip him? It seems to me that he is in the same mold as the many other Auburn commits that have flipped to Bama. He was always a Bama fan growing up. Alos Bo has some grade issues so we may not sign a running back. Thoughts guys?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Seems like some of our well-connected recruiting experts have said they think he'll stick to his commitment with the Barners even if we turn it up on him later.

They may be right, especially if Roc's looking at early playing time.

But as for me, if my dream has always been to run onto the field with the Crimson jersey and hear "Yea Alabama" as I do so then I'm flipping faster than a fish out of water.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I was watching TV24 tonight & their weekly high school football show they have every friday night..And they showed clips of the Pell City-Oxford game tonight & they showed one of the most amazing runs by Roc I've ever seen on the high school level..He literally broke out of 11 tackles on a 70+yrd TD run..It was amazing..Roc is absolutely tearing it u at Oxford this year against the best high school football in Alabama..It's sickening to think he's going to auburn..I really wished we would have offered him early & got him to come to Bama..

He's every bit as good as any RB that's came out of high school football in a long time & he needs to be at Bama..If he's not the best high school RB on the high school level this year..He's at least equally as good as any RB in high school this year..It suxs he's going to auburn..If I can find the video of that TD run I'll post it..

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I was watching TV24 tonight & their weekly high school football show they have every friday night..And they showed clips of the Pell City-Oxford game tonight & they showed one of the most amazing runs by Roc I've ever seen on the high school level..He literally broke out of 11 tackles on a 70+yrd TD run..It was amazing..Roc is absolutely tearing it u at Oxford this year against the best high school football in Alabama..It's sickening to think he's going to auburn..I really wished we would have offered him early & got him to come to Bama..

He's every bit as good as any RB that's came out of high school football in a long time & he needs to be at Bama..If he's not the best high school RB on the high school level this year..He's at least equally as good as any RB in high school this year..It suxs he's going to auburn..If I can find the video of that TD run I'll post it..
I will say this. He wants to come to BAMA. Our staff is still recruiting him. We could flip him if we push, but that willn't happen until around January (if at all)IMO.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I will say this. He wants to come to BAMA. Our staff is still recruiting him. We could flip him if we push, but that willn't happen until around January (if at all)IMO.
I know we're afte LF, but, I hate to see us slow playing a talent that wants to come to Bama like Roc..Dude is a beast..He reminds me a lot of Cadillac Williams, but, is actually a lot better than Cadillac was at this point in his career..He's as good as any RB I've seen in a long time on the high school level..

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I was thinking just last night about Bama's running back group and as it relates to 2014 class and LF, Roc and even Bo. Alabama has coming back for the 2014 season TJ, Kenyan (two great backs), DH, Tenpenny, a redshirted Kamara and Jones. I can kind of see why Saban is only going after the biggest fish.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

If you thought the highlight was good, you should have seen it in person. A video doesn't do it justice. He's a beast and no arm tackle brings him down. If he came to BAMA and went through our S&C program, OMG. Oxford has Spain Park this week at home, so since we have a bye week, maybe some recruiting going on this week?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I was thinking just last night about Bama's running back group and as it relates to 2014 class and LF, Roc and even Bo. Alabama has coming back for the 2014 season TJ, Kenyan (two great backs), DH, Tenpenny, a redshirted Kamara and Jones. I can kind of see why Saban is only going after the biggest fish.
EXACTLY!!

What other program can afford to do this? :D

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Watching both play, I would love to have either one. They are both so good I would take the first one who said I'm in. If we really are passing Thomas when he would say yes, it is amazing. He looks great. Fournette is great, but he does not break tackles like Thomas. Auburn is getting a great back, maybe the best in the country. Just have to trust the staff on this one. They recruit and evaluate on the highest level, but dang they have to be torn over this choice.

ledmonds22

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 8, 2010
Watching both play, I would love to have either one. They are both so good I would take the first one who said I'm in. If we really are passing Thomas when he would say yes, it is amazing. He looks great. Fournette is great, but he does not break tackles like Thomas. Auburn is getting a great back, maybe the best in the country. Just have to trust the staff on this one. They recruit and evaluate on the highest level, but dang they have to be torn over this choice.
I agree 100%. I have been saying all along to take Thomas if he is available even if we were to get Fournette althought I don't think we will. Thomas will be as good a college back as Fournette. He is definitely as good or better than T.Jones, Kamara, and Tenpenny. We will regret having to face him at Auburn. A bird in thr hand (Thomas) is worth two in the bush (Fournette, Scarbrough). You would not believe how criticized I have been for saying this on this site as well as on other sites. I do not post very often but read this site daily. There are several posters who I pay very close attention to (RTO and BET among others) because they know what they are talking about. There are others who will jump down your throat if you disagee with them who I pay very little attention to. I have been around for a lot longer than some of these people have been born and I do know talent when I see it. Roc Thomas IS for real!!!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I agree 100%. I have been saying all along to take Thomas if he is available even if we were to get Fournette althought I don't think we will. Thomas will be as good a college back as Fournette. He is definitely as good or better than T.Jones, Kamara, and Tenpenny. We will regret having to face him at Auburn. A bird in thr hand (Thomas) is worth two in the bush (Fournette, Scarbrough). You would not believe how criticized I have been for saying this on this site as well as on other sites. I do not post very often but read this site daily. There are several posters who I pay very close attention to (RTO and BET among others) because they know what they are talking about. There are others who will jump down your throat if you disagee with them who I pay very little attention to. I have been around for a lot longer than some of these people have been born and I do know talent when I see it. Roc Thomas IS for real!!!
Coach Saban is doing this based on far more information than any of us have.

Trust Saban! :cool2:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

According to the "recruiting analysts" there is Fournette who is possibly the best back since Peterson, then the next 25 backs who are similar to each other in quality. I know that these analysts are often wrong but that is their opinion. The most important "analyst" is Coach Saban, who is the best but fallible - he is handling Bama's recruiting this year.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
According to the "recruiting analysts" there is Fournette who is possibly the best back since Peterson, then the next 25 backs who are similar to each other in quality. I know that these analysts are often wrong but that is their opinion. The most important "analyst" is Coach Saban, who is the best but fallible - he is handling Bama's recruiting this year.
No doubts about that, I agree 100% with ya, I fully & completely trust everything Coach Saban does, when it comes to Bama Football..If he decides to pass on Roc & puts all his eggs in the basket going after LF, so be it, there's a reason he does it, if he goes that route..There's many things I question in this world..I've realized a long time ago recruiting at Bama under Coach Saban isn't one of them..I still hate to see the Barners get a RB of Roc's talent though..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.