RB Roc Thomas Commits to Auburn

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
No use in hashing out this Fournette v. Thomas discussion any more. Anything of note that could have been said has already been said several times.

Should note, though, that 'Bama continues to stay in touch with Thomas. Auburn, too, continues to recruit him very hard despite his commitment, because they fear a late flip to Alabama should 'Bama fall through on Fournette.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
No use in hashing out this Fournette v. Thomas discussion any more. Anything of note that could have been said has already been said several times.

Should note, though, that 'Bama continues to stay in touch with Thomas. Auburn, too, continues to recruit him very hard despite his commitment, because they fear a late flip to Alabama should 'Bama fall through on Fournette.
I know some Barners fear he might flip...burnt children afraid of the fire...but IF Fournette announces for LSU before NSD it'll be real interesting to see what he might do.

I just wish we could get both of them.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
A heads up for Northeast Alabama folks..If you pick up MY68 out of B'Ham, you can watch Roc tonight on MY68, they will be airing the Oxford - Spain Park game tonight at 7..

JayRock

3rd Team
Feb 10, 2004
hueytown, al, usa
A heads up for Northeast Alabama folks..If you pick up MY68 out of B'Ham, you can watch Roc tonight on MY68, they will be airing the Oxford - Spain Park game tonight at 7..
Thanks for the heads up! I want to see him play, but I'm afraid it's gonna make me sick. I always hated we missed on Cadillac Williams because he was supposedly a lifelong Bama fan, and I've heard Roc is similar to him and maybe better.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Thanks for the heads up! I want to see him play, but I'm afraid it's gonna make me sick. I always hated we missed on Cadillac Williams because he was supposedly a lifelong Bama fan, and I've heard Roc is similar to him and maybe better.
His running style is a lot like Cadillac's..That's a very good comparison actually..

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
And both teams are loaded with so mighty good players on both sides of the ball..Spain Park has a huge OLine..One of the largest I've seen on the high school level..They look like a freaking college OLine..Out of curiosity..Are any of them D1 prospects, if not, they sure look like they should be..

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
He is the real deal. Someone mentioned Cadillac Williams earlier. That's the best comparison I can come up with. They are similar to what I remember about Williams when he was at Etowah. He is an athlete with sweet moves. I think he would flip. I think he is high on Oregons list also. There was one of their recruiters at the game tonight.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep he had over 380 with about 2 drives left in the game. They just couldn't stop him.

I'd still rather have Fournette but this is not a bad 2nd option at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.