RB Roc Thomas Commits to Auburn

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
The next question is, will he choose to play for the loser (of IB) or the team trying for a "double repeat" NC?:)
Its easy to assume that its just that easy, but I was beating this drum and topic (I want Roc in Crimson) long before the season started and the question remains whether we want him or do we place our hopes in pulling LF into this class.

BJP4UA

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 17, 2010
i have a old high school team mate that is still close to the oxford program and knows roc very well. i ask him what are the chances he ends up at bama and he said 0%. he said roc is all about early playing time and the barn has sold him on the fact that he can get it there and not bama. i know... things change, but it don't look good.

Cowzrul

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2009
i have a old high school team mate that is still close to the oxford program and knows roc very well. i ask him what are the chances he ends up at bama and he said 0%. he said roc is all about early playing time and the barn has sold him on the fact that he can get it there and not bama. i know... things change, but it don't look good.
Did he somehow miss what TJ Yeldon did last year as a true freshman? :conf2:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I was responding to a post suggesting that he would get the chance that Yeldon got last year, and that isn't going to happen without an injury.
Agreed. It's not a good comparison with TJ, Kenyan and all the freshmen. He will have to wait his turn most likely.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
He probably knows Bama signed 4 of the top 10 national RB's in last year's class. With that said, I still think we would have a good shot to flip him if we miss on LF.
Don't forget that a former player with sour grapes is in his ear........Corey Grant.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I was responding to a post suggesting that he would get the chance that Yeldon got last year, and that isn't going to happen without an injury.
And I was merely suggesting that we play more than 2 RB's, which means if he is good enough he can get in the rotation. And it wouldn't be the first time we've had injuries either.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
there are no sour grapes with Grant. he and his family are happy with their decision. no ill towards Bama. they just thought at the time he'd get a better opportunity with Auburn. And he'd be closer to home making it easier to see the games.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
there are no sour grapes with Grant. he and his family are happy with their decision. no ill towards Bama. they just thought at the time he'd get a better opportunity with Auburn. And he'd be closer to home making it easier to see the games.
His skipping around cost him a ring or three......:cool2:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm not sure he ever plays here if he had stayed. He just doesn't look like one of our type of running backs. He is still dangerous because of his speed but it seems he just can't put it together yet.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
my opinion is that corey grant is another one of those speed backs, that has trouble in side the tackles. he fits in with auburns rushing style.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.