RB Roc Thomas Commits to Auburn

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Could our pursuit of Thomas be more related to a possible problem with Bo Scarbrough's academics than missing out on LF?

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
He grew up an alabama fan but going after him last minute will pose quite a challenge if we want him. It was my understanding Mixon wanted to come to Bama as well. Seems we went all out for LF. Ole Miss is also a threat for Bo. I think the bar is lower to get into Ole Miss vs Bama but I am not sure about that.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
He grew up an alabama fan but going after him last minute will pose quite a challenge if we want him. It was my understanding Mixon wanted to come to Bama as well. Seems we went all out for LF. Ole Miss is also a threat for Bo. I think the bar is lower to get into Ole Miss vs Bama but I am not sure about that.
The NCAA sets academic requirements for eligibility when it comes to athletes. In turn the SEC can then set requirements on top of that. Most schools, especially in power conferences, don't deviate much from that. Getting into UA and getting in to Ole Miss is essentially the same for a football player...

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The Barners have to be worried taking into consideration recent history of the late flips. It will be interesting.
I do not think the barn has much to worry about on this one. We have not paid him any attention in months. Taking this under consideration honestly where would you sign. I resect our staff greatly but we let one slip away here.IMO

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Even if we don't land Roc, it's a good thing to make them worry about a late flip, I too think he sticks with The Barn, never say never when it comes to Coach Saban, when it comes to recruiting..If any HC can get a late flip it's certainly Coach Saban..

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
Understood that our staff has been phenomenally successful in flipping prospects, but, as Blindside and others have pointed out, the Barn gave this kid a lot of love for months while, apparently, we left him alone. A bit disappointing, but you have to have a certain respect for his character and loyalty. The Tide will be ok without him.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I have a feeling this kid is going to spend the next three years making us truly regret that we did not take him early in the recruiting process. As much as I hate to say it, he will probably thrive in Malzahn's O, if he can stay healthy. I understand the strategy of holding out for Fournette, but I think this was a lesson of how a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Last edited:

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
The NCAA sets academic requirements for eligibility when it comes to athletes. In turn the SEC can then set requirements on top of that. Most schools, especially in power conferences, don't deviate much from that. Getting into UA and getting in to Ole Miss is essentially the same for a football player...
The NCAA does not set the price a program has to pay for a player, and we are talking about Ole Mi$$ here?? There does seem to be a lot of smoke coming out of Mississippi lately?? One has to wonder if the NCAA is even looking for the fire?? Just My Opinion.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I have a feeling this kid is going to spend the next three years making us truly regret that we did not take him early in the recruiting process. As much as I hate to say it, he will probably thrive in Malzahn's O, if he can stay healthy. I understand the strategy of holding out for Fournette, but I think this was a lesson of how a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.
I still don't understand. I follow recruiting pretty closely and at no time did I get the impression if we gave him a commitable offer he would commit on the spot. Some people seem to think it was a foregone conclusion. I never saw it. Also on that note Bo is in position to qualify now and IMO he is the better prospect anyway. We can't get them all. Good luck to Roc.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I still don't understand. I follow recruiting pretty closely and at no time did I get the impression if we gave him a commitable offer he would commit on the spot. Some people seem to think it was a foregone conclusion. I never saw it. Also on that note Bo is in position to qualify now and IMO he is the better prospect anyway. We can't get them all. Good luck to Roc.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking LOL!!! Look, Roc is a good RB, but in all honesty, this kid stayed injured and i don't see that changing at AU. I hate it for the kid, but i honestly don't see the kid being that good of a college player, average, not good and this is because he can't stay healthy. I hope I'm wrong because he seems like a good kid, but that's just my opinion.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Im doing Pat Dye's voice here, " I'll take 1 Bo Scarbrough for 10 Roc Thomas" :biggrin:.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.