RB Roc Thomas Commits to Auburn

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Re: Roc Thomas to Auburn

Just getting on to post this. This is going to tick some of our posters off. Hate to lose him, but I kind of saw this one coming. It'll be interesting to see if it sticks.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Just getting on to post this. This is going to tick some of our posters off. Hate to lose him, but I kind of saw this one coming. It'll be interesting to see if it sticks.
Yes, especially if we miss on LF from LA.

Oh, and if we do and Roc were to flip the story line has already been written.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

If the speculation is true that RT didn't have a "commitable offer" from Bama, despite his lifelong dream of playing for the Tide (as has been said), I'd like to hear our resident recruiting experts chime in our what happens if Bama reverses that at some point in the recruiting process. Does he stick with the Barn? What's the % he flips?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The way that he went after the Alabama fan on twitter makes more sense now. At that point, he knew he was headed to Auburn.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

We were/are slow playing him. I do not think it is LF or bust, however. I don't think he'd flip back but it is s game we can afford to.play.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

I wonder if this means the staff likes their chances with Fournette? If Bama does whiff on LF, would they even sign another RB in this class?

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

With our RB situation it appears LF is the only RB we are willing to take in this class.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I'd say its more a sign of how our staff feels about their chances with lf, I'm not sweating this one. He's a good talent and a solid pick up for the barn, but you can hardly be upset about a recruit going elsewhere when he didn't have a commutable offer.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

It speaks volumes about the state of our recruiting that the staff was willing to let him get away. Sounds like we're in good shape with LF.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I just talked to Coach Burns this week and wanted SO bad to ask him about LF. Not that he could tell me, but I sure wish he could.

It really is a statement of our program to let someone like Roc go somewhere else. I hate losing the in-state kids, but Coach Saban really doesn't deserve me questioning him. :wink:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

The Barn picked up an awesome talent, we simply had no room for, heck, and this is no a knock against Roc, we have incoming freshmen RB's that equally as good(if not better), that in all likelihood, will have to RS this season..We are that loaded & crowded in the RB department..

Only thing I regret about Roc going to The Barn, is the spin The Barners are putting on landing Roc, I already had an aubie friend of mine call, to brag about them winning the recruiting battle for Roc's commitment..Which simply isn't the case, cause as already stated in this thread by our Moderator, we were slow playing Roc, and that's the absolute truth of the matter..

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

TideMan, a few of them realize it's a long time to signing day, but it seems not a one of them understand that Roc most likely chose the Barn for reasons you stated and not because he wanted the Barn over Bama.

Yes, they are spinning this as a recruiting victory.

It's just a shame the guy we have no room for is that kind of talent and will likely be a fine player for them.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

TideMan, a few of them realize it's a long time to signing day, but it seems not a one of them understand that Roc most likely chose the Barn for reasons you stated and not because he wanted the Barn over Bama.

Yes, they are spinning this as a recruiting victory.

It's just a shame the guy we have no room for is that kind of talent and will likely be a fine player for them.
I agree 100% with Brother..Something no Barner will admit to, is this fact, should we decide to put the "full court press" on Roc, he will flip to the good guys..I have no doubts at all, we could flip Roc, if Coach Saban wants him..

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

I think at this point that Roc would play for anyone before he would us. If he wanted to play for us that badly, and we wouldn't take him, (assuming that is what happened) I would imagine that there are some big time hurt feelings. If I were him I would want nothing more than to show that school that not taking me was the biggest mistake they ever made, and I would want to make them pay for it. (Again, assuming that I what happened) I think the way he responded to that fan showed the animosity and hurt that he is dealing with right now, and I can't really say I fault him all that much. (Again, so I'm being clear. If that is actually how it happened)

I just don't see how we can take him. We already have Bo locked in for 2014, and he should be a stud if he stays in the backfield. Decent to good chance that we land Fournette, who might be the best back to come out of high school since Richardson. Plus we signed four backs in 2013 and already have a top prospect lined up for 2015. The problem for Roc is that his timing is just poor.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012

The Barn picked up an awesome talent, we simply had no room for, heck, and this is no a knock against Roc, we have incoming freshmen RB's that equally as good(if not better), that in all likelihood, will have to RS this season..We are that loaded & crowded in the RB department....
I think this is the first of many in state dominoes that will fall in favor of the barn. I don't like it... We are just as deep in the OL and LB positions, just not sure why we didn't go after Roc harder. I really hate losing him....but my thoughts on in state athletes going to the barn is well documented here.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

It is very troubling to see fans question the moves of the coach who has constructed the most dominant dynasty in recent years. Its pure luck. If Roc if in last years class, he has already committed by now. We have a logjam at the position on the team, with a back on board and possibly another. How many backs do we lose? Fowler? Any more? I hope the kid does well, harbors no ill will, and has an injury free career.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

This is not a huge miss by any stretch. Yes, he is an excellent player and athlete but we dont need him and, for that matter, we really dont need LF either. Obviously, getting either one of RT or LF is a huge plus but with TJ at least in school for another year and the stable of running backs we brought in with the 2013 class, we have ZERO need at running back. Plus, we already have a commitment from 2015 running back Desherrious Flowers, who may be as good as LF. Bringing in a running back in this class is merely the rich getting richer but hey, here's to hoping we get LF anyway because I like to feel rich. :biga:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.