Poll: Who do you hate more?Auburn or tennessee?

Who do you hate the most?

• Total voters

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
No comparison. Auburn is in a No-Class by themselves.
Tennessee has slipped down the list of Classless since Fat Phil was fired.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Up through CJM, I considered the yewtee rivalry a good one. The Fat One changed everything for me. I will always enjoy watching our team beat that cow college across the state, but I hope to see UTk go the way of Suwanee, historically.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Like asking which I like less, brussell sprouts or sauerkraut. I have hated the denizens of sloppy top longer, but the barn's recent antics (including tubby having to remove his thumb from his rear end) have left me with a dislike for the barn that pretty much equals my distaste for the Knox Cons...with the who's very, very close behind. It just that Lester is so funny...

I've just got one question: HOW could you hate Sauerkraut??? That's like God's gift to Bratwurst...

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
There's a reason the Bear gave cigars to the team when they beat tn, and since their program ratted us out into probation with secret witnesses, they are far and away at the top of the list. I hope we extend the win streak against them into the next decade, and I would find extreme joy if the crap hole they call a stadium was shuttered, condemned and demolished, with all athletic programs at tn cancelled for all time...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Auburn. And here's why:

Although Tennessee did everything they could to wreck us, I chalk that up more to Fulmer than to the entire fan base. Maybe I'm naive, but generally speaking Vol fans still to this day (on the whole) speak highly of us and our history. My goodness, even UVB says nice things on his blog.

Auburn blames us for their 1970s probation - you see, Coach Bryant called up the NCAA and got them in trouble and put on probation. He did this because despite the fact he needed no help and had drilled Auburn nearly every time they met, he was jealous and wanted to keep them down lest they become a threat to his monarchy.

Auburn blames us for their 1993 probation - you see, even though Eric Ramsey had a tape collection and incriminated the whole bunch, he was put up to it by Alabama. There is, of course, no evidence of this, but since when does that matter to a Barner? Keep in mind that Ramsey was in the 1986 recruiting class (he was redshirted) at a time when Alabama's record against Auburn since 1971 was 12-3. Obviously, we needed someone on the inside to take down the Barn because they'd been beating us so badly for so long.

Auburn blames us for Cam Newton - you see, even though it was Auburn who paid the guy and MSU who turned them in and even though Auburn skated, it was all Alabama's fault. Nick Saban couldn't stand the fact that he'd only beaten Auburn twice in a row, so he gave Cecil Newton money and blamed it on Auburn.

Auburn blames us for Johnny Manziel - you see, even though we were not involved in any way, it is still our fault.

Seriously - given that record of projection, who would you hate more?

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
It's not even close. I hate the barn way more. I despise tennessee. I abhor auburn. Hate isn't even a strong enough word, so I am going with abhor. It's the fans I loathe. They just won't shut up. Even after the worst season in their history, they still ran their mouths and actually compared them only losing to LSU by two points to us needing a last minute touchdown to beat them. We beat LSU (albeit closer than it should have been, but still), they LOSE to LSU and when you try and point that out, they actually have the gall to say "yeah, but we held them to 12 points, they scored 17 on ya'll". Okay, barners......:rolleyes: That is exactly why it is hard for me to like any barn fans on a personal level, even relatives who pull for them. Because they are always saying crap like that.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I know I am kind of out there on this, but I have always been kind of confused about this whole rivalry thing.
I mean, do we hate the schools? The football programs? The fans only? The entire athletic departments?
I think it's the fans, but some of my best friends are Auburn and Tennessee fans. I don't really hate either one, regardless of what we're talking about. I just hate ignorant and obnoxious fans even if they are Alabama fans. But, I am more lenient with our kind because I am more prone to agree with them.
Ducking.
Yes to all questions! :)

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Although they are not part of the poll, my second favorite team on any given Sat. is the team playing notre dame. I do not want them to win a single game EVER!

As far as the poll question is concerned, the Vols get my vote.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.