Poll: Who do you hate more?Auburn or tennessee?

Who do you hate the most?

• Total voters

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
ut. The only time I have had bad experiences with the opposing team's fans have been ut. Last time I went to a Bama vs. ut game, I had three college age ut fans try to light my Bama flag on my car on fire. I had my nephew, who was 12 at the time, with me. I approached my car and told them that they are fine example of ut fans. They decided to surround me and my nephew and start threatening us.
Also, one of my cousins who played baseball for Bama told of his experience with fans coming off the team bus in Knoxville. Said as they came off the bus, ut fans were lined up on both sides cussing and spitting on them. He said what suprised him the most is that when he looked up, it wasn't just younger ut fans spitting on them but people in their 50s. Nope, will never pull for that cesspool.
The fans of the Institute of Bovine Proctology are just sad little minions. Kind of feel sorry for them.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
ut. The only time I have had bad experiences with the opposing team's fans have been ut. Last time I went to a Bama vs. ut game, I had three college age ut fans try to light my Bama flag on my car on fire. I had my nephew, who was 12 at the time, with me. I approached my car and told them that they are fine example of ut fans. They decided to surround me and my nephew and start threatening us.
Also, one of my cousins who played baseball for Bama told of his experience with fans coming off the team bus in Knoxville. Said as they came off the bus, ut fans were lined up on both sides cussing and spitting on them. He said what suprised him the most is that when he looked up, it wasn't just younger ut fans spitting on them but people in their 50s. Nope, will never pull for that cesspool.
The fans of the Institute of Bovine Proctology are just sad little minions. Kind of feel sorry for them.
Several years ago at Neyland a big tall ucheat fan made the unfortunate choice to mistreat a lady I know in a similar manner (spitting and cursing), so the 6'5" 250+lb idiot got his nose broken by her 5'8" 170lb husband (not me).

There was a time long ago when I would actually cheer on those cesspool schools against at least some teams(ucheat vs ND) or when they weren't playing us (*u). After the well known events propagated by those 2 schools and their fans I will almost never pull for either of them again. Only if their win would help Alabama would I hold my nose and reluctantly do that again. I would cheer on Texas, ND, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Penn St, AND Miami before ever wishing any good on those two programs. Now folks, it don't get any lower than that.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Which one rankles me more has to do with two factors: (1) Who is coaching the team and (2) Alabama's recent record against the team. In the years between Stallings and Saban, when Fulmer was at Tennessee, the Viles were far more disgusting to me than Auburn. I just want Auburn to disappear. I wouldn't mind if Alabama never played them again, ever, whereas I want Alabama to keep playing Tennessee in order to keep them in their proper place. I guess my final answer is that hate Tennessee more.
I agree.
I want to continue to play and beat UT.

And you phrased it perfectly about Auburn: I want them to go away, too.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
This was a tough call, but only because I have lived here in Tennessee for the last twelve years. I hate Tennessee, but there are so many AU fans here it really keeps up my healthy hate for them alive, so I voted that I hate AU more.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Most of my life it's been more hate for UT, because I've lived here since I was 12. That was before Fulmer and Kramer and Dickey and their lot decided to try to kill our program. Now the barn is up there with operation red dog and the sCam, they're pushing it closer.

I will say that I've noticed recently that at least UT, to their benefit, will shut up when they go winless in the conference.
You summed it up exactly as I would. I think either our young fans or our forgetful fans do not properly but in place what 10rc did to Alabama, JMO!

API can talk, print bumper stickers, buy bill boards, and all that but there was a full executed plan to destroy Bama by a Very powerful group. I can't understand how some can not see the difference.

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009
I'd say Auburn but not by much. I enjoy drubbing AU more because I despise their team, their lunatic fans and anyone associated with them. With UT since the Fulmer stuff, it's personal like with AU but it's different. If you look at our history, the UT game was the most important one for most of it. My Grandpa (rest his soul) would always talk about how the UT game was the true measuring stick for our team. UT is the #2 team in the SEC historically. I think it is important to play them for tradition's sake to honor our past players & coaches. As for AU, I'd just as soon drop playing them annually. Of course it won't happen but we did it before and nothing would hurt the boogs more than taking us off their schedule-they would die on the vine without us. AU would never go for it, but them moving to the east would make sense. They would keep UGA and UF every year who they used to play. But AU knows they would be Miss St. without us, so they'll never move willingly.

AU plays UT this year and that's always tough. Who do you root against? I always pull for anyone playing either team. Before OT you could hope for a tie. Now I hope for 7 OT and both teams are so tired they lose their next game.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
According to the Good Book, you are not supposed to hate anyone, but I totally despise Auburn and Phat Phil and that color of orange at ut is so revolting to my eyes.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I don't hate either one. Don't have time for it.

There's a wise old saying "He who angers you, controls you." There's some merit to that statement.

I love Alabama, and don't give a rip about any other team.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
The University of Auburn. The dislike is deep and goes way, way back, beginning in the late '50s until this day. I would ignore them, but they insist on trying to overcome their inferiority with their copious verbal flatulence. Not as long a history with 10RC. Used to kind of like them, before rat-fink Phul Fillmer came on the scene.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I know I am kind of out there on this, but I have always been kind of confused about this whole rivalry thing.
I mean, do we hate the schools? The football programs? The fans only? The entire athletic departments?
I think it's the fans, but some of my best friends are Auburn and Tennessee fans. I don't really hate either one, regardless of what we're talking about. I just hate ignorant and obnoxious fans even if they are Alabama fans. But, I am more lenient with our kind because I am more prone to agree with them.
Ducking.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.