Johnny Manziel investigated by NCAA (will miss first half vs Rice)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
JM being looked at by NCAA for profiting off autographs. Being reported by ESPN on sportcenter

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Re: Johnny Manziel investigated by NCAA

Just saw this on twitter. Seem to have a decent amount of suspicion raised from that article. The implosion may be beginning.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

My question is why would he do this? Isn't his family well off and he's going to the NFL next year.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

The train may have finally jumped the tracks this time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

I hope not, I want us to beat A&M with Manziel playing. I want to hear no more fans from the state of Texas saying if (insert player) was in the game.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

I love it…. This entire Johnny Manziel saga is what happens when you allow one kid to become bigger than your program.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

Johnny sure has become quite the distraction for aTm this off season. I don't think this ends good for him nor the aggies.

BamaBlake

1st Team
Aug 3, 2001
Austin, Texas

The more that I hear about this guy, the more I dislike. I live in Austin Texas and have heard quite a bit about this kid when he was in high school. This is a guy that flipped the bird to the opposing teams fans and sidelines after scoring a TD and got away with it. So I think no one has ever told this kid NO!
He was also supposed to be suspended by aTm last year but the coach let him off right before fall practice last year. He just seems like a kid that thinks that he is above anyone's rules. Got to be a huge distraction to the team.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Good grief, man....Like I wished no ill will toward Tebow, I wish no ill will toward Manziel. I want to see all these kids do well; just not against us. This is bad for football. We're starting out at #1, but our schedule isn't exactly the toughest. For several reasons, we need TAMU at their best when we beat them in College Station. And so do the ticket brokers. I just saw one like this

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Unfortunately the NZAA is about as tough as vintage 1986 Muammar Qadafi:

"I dare ya to cross this line.......Ok, THIS line......"

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

My question is why would he do this? Isn't his family well off and he's going to the NFL next year.
I suspect JM was creating pocket money for his high profile lifestyle. His parents may be rich but that doesn't mean they are giving little Johnny all the money he wants.

This looks very serious to me. I can't imagine why he would want to spend all the time signing autographs in Miami unless it were to make money. But as slow at the NCAA moves, JM may be drafted before there is a response.

BamaBlake

1st Team
Aug 3, 2001
Austin, Texas

I suspect JM was creating pocket money for his high profile lifestyle. His parents may be rich but that doesn't mean they are giving little Johnny all the money he wants.

This looks very serious to me. I can't imagine why he would want to spend all the time signing autographs in Miami unless it were to make money. But as slow at the NCAA moves, JM may be drafted before there is a response.
You are so right. They move at the speed of glacier ice.

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013

I love it…. This entire Johnny Manziel saga is what happens when you allow one kid to become bigger than your program.
You my friend hit the nail on the head...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

If he is ruled ineligible, isnt the penalty in these cases usually donate $$$ to charity and be re-instated after a 1 game penalty? Is there a slide scale of games vs $$$$?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.