Johnny Manziel investigated by NCAA (will miss first half vs Rice)

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Re: Johnny Manziel investigated by NCAA

When Saban retires, please, please don't call Sumlin seeing how he was born in Alabama! :)
Hey Wingman, how's it going? Keep aiming for the number 3.
As good as a job that Sumlin is doing, do you think he would still be at A&M by the time
CNS decides to retire to the lake? A couple more years like last year and I believe greener pastures will be beckoning to him. Good luck this year (except on 14 September).

Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I'm not so sure Sumlin is that great a coach. Chizik was a great coach when he had Cam. Without JM, aTm is going to struggle. We'll find out soon enough.

And put me in the camp that doesn't like aTm for snaking our coach, I don't care if Fran was good or bad. Fran didn't have the proper respect for the program at Alabama. Neither does aTm.

I also don't appreciate the Longhorns waving money at our coach.

Totally unrelated, a kid just came to my back door selling something. I'm wearing a Bama/Tx Rose Bowl T-shirt. The kid's from UTw (he showed me his student ID) and immediately started crying about Colt getting hurt. He left in a bad mood and I never found out what he was selling! True story. :smile:

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA

I'll bet there's at least one filthy rich Daddy Warbuck supporter of a rival school who would pay a broker big rim cash to turn on poor picked-on Johnny. That's the big problem with dealing with ... ummm ... "broker-types." Their allegiance is to the highest dollar.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.

When Saban retires, please, please don't call Sumlin seeing how he was born in Alabama! :)
I hope Sumlin never ever comes to Bama. That HUNH offense makes teams soft. He should try to be more like Bama than Baylor. He'll never play for anything until he figures that out. From the Fran catastrophe, Sumlin emulating Art Briles, now JM, the decision making at aTm has really been poor the last few years.

I hope Sumlin never ever comes to Bama. That HUNH offense makes teams soft. He should try to be more like Bama than Baylor. He'll never play for anything until he figures that out. From the Fran catastrophe, Sumlin emulating Art Briles, now JM, the decision making at aTm has really been poor the last few years.
Yeah, it really does and also once figured out it won't be anything they want to have as an offense. Just ask Barnie, oh wait...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

As an outsider, I never had a problem with aTm for hiring Franchione, or with him choosing to depart. My problem was with Franchione's manner of departure. His whole "Hold the rope" mantra, then leaving without talking to the team was disgusting.
One of the most enjoyable games I've ever watched on TV (other than the Crimson Tide games) was the beating that Stoops and Oklahoma put on the Aggies and the Fran man 77 to 0! However, I was hoping the Sooners would score even more. Thanks Coach Stoops and the Sooners for making Fran's face as red as your uniforms. That had to be a very embarrassing loss for Fran! That actually felt like payback for his "rope a dope". His leaving seemed somewhat similar to the Colts slipping out of Baltimore.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Not sure this is worth the time of day, but his folks are selling their house in College Station. Could mean something. Or not.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/s...Alabama-at-Texas-?blockID=926805&feedID=11317

In any case............hope he plays.............hope we pummel the Ags...........then the Beverly Hillbillies can go back to Kerrville, and drop out of sight.

The last part is probably asking for a lot.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

One of the most enjoyable games I've ever watched on TV (other than the Crimson Tide games) was the beating that Stoops and Oklahoma put on the Aggies and the Fran man 77 to 0! However, I was hoping the Sooners would score even more. Thanks Coach Stoops and the Sooners for making Fran's face as red as your uniforms. That had to be a very embarrassing loss for Fran! That actually felt like payback for his "rope a dope". His leaving seemed somewhat similar to the Colts slipping out of Baltimore.
I know I've heard it a bunch of times, but is it true that the Oklahoma band played "Yay Alabama" at the end of the game?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I know I've heard it a bunch of times, but is it true that the Oklahoma band played "Yay Alabama" at the end of the game?
Yes they did, making me a Sooner guy for life. It was a brilliant way to slap an arrogant guy in the face who had just been beaten 77-0.

For everybody still mad at Fran but give the aggies a pass on the same lousy deal...remember Fran only did what the aggies paid him to do.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

ATM did not ask him to lie or to leave without talking to his players at Alabama. That was all on him. It is not what he did, but how he did it that galled America.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

ATM did not ask him to lie or to leave without talking to his players at Alabama. That was all on him. It is not what he did, but how he did it that galled America.
I disagree, the aggies were in charge, and get credit for what he did. They knew what was up and jerked him out of T-town on their private jet. They were thrilled to get him and if dissing the Bama team was part of the price of getting him they were on board with that.

I see some fans are still bitter towards Fran and haven't forgotten. Just let it go. Karma won in the end.
I'm sure that's the best approach.

But maybe you might need to tell this bunch the same thing?

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200803

Edit: rather than bump the thread going on about Fran, I just did a little editing to respond to RTR91. I don't mean to be argumentative, but this is a discussion board.

Last edited:

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN

Who is this Fran guy you all speak of? I thought this thread was about Manziel? This Fran guy must have done us wrong somewhere along the lines, but apparently I have wiped my memory clean of him...;)

(Heavy sarcasm implied)

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Fran was the guy who needed a man-bra.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.