Johnny Manziel investigated by NCAA (will miss first half vs Rice)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Johnny Manziel investigated by NCAA (expected to start against Rice)

One time at our school, we figured out that the Coke machine would give you 50 cents in quarters, and two drinks if you put a Canadian quarter in it (I think it was anything roughly the size of a quarter that wasn't, I think I used some Putt Putt tokens to).
We had "Athletic P.E." in which every male athlete at the time had to take it instead of regular P.E. We would generally beat the coach to the fieldhouse as when we were "in season" we didn't lift weights, so we would run down there and tip the Coke machine and get it rocking. Each time we hit the wall with it, it would spit out anywhere from 1 drink to as many as 3 at a time. There wasn't but 5 of us in that class the 2nd semester so we wouldn't clean it out but made sure we got a few. Like you said it's not the most glamorous thing in the world but sometimes you just had to do what you had to do when you didn't come up in a well to do home. Sometimes during the weekends we would flip the snack machines upside down and get what was left out. Couldn't do it full as it would dump everything out and alert them.....lol

I remember one time the Lance man (my Father worked for them but his route was not at my school) left the machine unlocked to go to his truck to grab something. Before I could walk from those doors to the first classroom they raided that thing clean. That one got ugly.

Wow. Ed O'Bannon is going to clean up on this lawsuit.

If ESPN is willing to shell out some money, we may be able to find out the complete truth. Pay the brokers for hard evidence.
Yep I'm afraid this is not the last of it, aTm's big strut and big talk might have ticked off ESPN. That could be bad..

With all of that said, I'm glad he will be playing against Alabama. There will be no excuses on either side.

We either win against their best or we lose against their best. Hopefully, it will be the former instead of the latter.
Yep I'm just glad we get to face him. I'm ready to see this time bomb EXPLODE!!!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Many on here are angry with A&M and I understand why. Im not because I will reserve all my anger for the next time we are a target of an NCAA investigation and take it lying down. As a matter of fact Alabama should sue to get its vacated wins back.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Many on here are angry with A&M and I understand why. Im not because I will reserve all my anger for the next time we are a target of an NCAA investigation and take it lying down. As a matter of fact Alabama should sue to get its vacated wins back.
I agree. aTm did what we should have done. We should have told the NZAA to shove it as well. This is what happens when one bucks up and defends themselves. I like aTm because of Coach Stallings but I will never root for them as long as Johnny Hangover is playing for them.

9/14 can't get here fast enough now.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

I went to A&M and believe he got paid, I also think that the 1/2 game suspension is a joke along with the NCAA. Not trying to defend A&M at all, but it looks like we're just going along with their recommendation of suspension. Having said that, I'd of been fine if he got suspended for the rest of his amateur career.
Wingman...speaking as a former airedale...you make me proud.

Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight!

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

I have a question for the lawyers/legal scholars. It is very hypothetical, but I'm seriously curious...

Let's assume I am a autograph vendor, and have the supposed video of Manziel doing the signings. I did a secret auction between ESPN, aTm, and the Manziel family, wherein aTm or the Manziels buy the video...

I'm sure at this point, I have to sign an agreement that I have sold them the video along with ALL copies, assuming the strictest-binding non-disclosure agreement, BUT I secretly kept a copy of the video...

What happens (legally) if I were to then release that video to ESPN/yahoo/Youtube? How much legal trouble could I get myself in? I'm assuming I'd have to pay back the money of the original purchase from the auction. Could I go to prison? What if I moved to Canada or somewhere and then released it?

I'm mostly just curious. I'm sure Auburn wishes they had had the opportunity to buy Eric Ramsey's tapes before they went to 60 Minutes.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Alabama should DEMAND the return of those games forfeited and vacated. As a matter of fact, Bama should be rewarded for owning up and cooperating when they were under investigations by the NCAA. The NCAA used to be tough and ruthless...now they are just rough and toothless.

Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I'm sure you could and would be up for civil charges without a doubt if you signed a non-disclosure agreement.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC

ESPN was like a dog with a bone on this story, so they can either drop it and look like a bunch of fools or go get some evidence. I hope they get the evidence.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
What makes you think they still have it ? What if the bravado expressed by the AD was because he already had the deep pockets pay a visit to the autograph brokers and trade a small fortune for the video?
Agree 100%... aTm has some of the wealthiest alumni in the country and they have no problem using their money or political clout to influence and get what they want. At the end of the day aTm is Auburn or steroids. I believe those in the corp and the rank and file look at JFF as an embarrassment to the school and the honor code and wish he would just go away. However, the deep pocket boosters got lil brother into the SEC, and are hell bent to see their beloved Aggies win a title to shove in Big Brother Longhorns face. To them the honor code is "lie, cheat and steal if it means winning and getting a leg up on UT".

People like Mighty are not the issue... It's the big boosters that make Lowder, Yella Fella and the likes look like amatures. AU can come up with a couple hundred grand to buy a player, aTm has the money to buy what Ole Miss did x 25.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Why bother suspending him for the half of a game? The NCAA would come off better if they just rubber stamped his playing and acknowledged that they have no clue what the hell goes on anywhere.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
1/2 a game against Rice? ha ha. If I wasTAMU I would suspend him for the whole game just to laugh at the mighty ncaa. What a joke, but I am happy Johnny will be able to play when Bama comes visiting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.