*** 2013 Fall Camp Thread ***

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Good gosh at Jonathan Allen, Dee Liner, and A'Shawn Robinson.
It reminds me of that quote from an NFL scout who was permitted into one practice last year commented, really more like "gushed," that everywhere he looked, he saw NFL talent. And, that, in effect, we looked like an NFL team...

bfg3rd

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2005
Any early word on Jai Miller? Is he a legitimate possibility to help in the secondary this year?

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
From the first two-a-day, evening session:
Sophomore cornerback Geno Smith participated in a drill with safeties. Perhaps that’s part of being the “star” in nickel defense.
The Tide will practice once Thursday, in the afternoon, and twice Friday. The first scrimmage of the preseason is scheduled for Saturday. The Tide will enjoy its first day off Sunday. Saban will hold a press conference after Thursday’s practice.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/08/alabama_practice_report_tide_e.html

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In the below video, Gribble and Kausler discuss various topics from practice. One being Brandon Hill. They say he's been practicing at RT in what appears to be the second string OL.

Video

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
ESPN is in town today. Saban is on SportsCenter right now.

@AaronSuttles

Saban on ESPN: complacency, selfishness and not paying attention biggest obstacles for another title.
Saban on ESPN: We have some good players on offensive line. Their development is key to be us being successful.
Saban on ESPN: We may be a different kind of team. Better skill players, three-year starter at quarterback.
Saban on ESPN: I believe you create your own opportunities by paying attention to the details.
Saban on ESPN: Lot of similarities between the New York Yankees and Alabama. Pressure, championships, etc.

And looks like AJ spoke to ESPN, as well:

@TheGameWDGM

AJ McCarron on ESPN talking about his relationship with Saban "I had to grow out of myself and into the team"referring to his previous years
McCarron on ESPN "If we do not win a National Championship, it is a let down year, but Coach always says we brought that monster on ourself"
AJ McCarron on ESPN on Manziel "He is one of my good friends and he will come out of this a better person & teammate" class response by AJ

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Linebackers going through a drill in today's practice.

Coach Saban meets with the media after practice.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Quick hits from the presser yesterday.

-- On D-line: All of the freshmen have shown some possibilities of being able to play this year in some defined role.
-- "We like them and we're excited about having the opportunity to work with them."
Oh, how I like to read that.

-- On the secondary: "I think we've got a long way to go. Encouraged by the progress of some of the young guys."
-- Saban says Bradley Sylve's had a good camp so far. The unit, as a whole, has benefited from return of John Fulton.
Hopefully, Sylve is picking up. With his speed, he can keep with most any WR in the SEC.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's a report from the morning practice session.

Is safety Vinnie Sunseri ready for that? “No and yes,” he said Thursday evening with a broad grin. “No, so Coach Saban hears that, but yes, so we get a little time to recoup.” Center Ryan Kelly said, “There are no off days.” So what are the plans for Sunday? “We’re going to go to church,” he said. “After that, we’re going to meet for a while. We don’t have many weeks left until Virginia Tech in Atlanta, so an off day, I guess, is no practice. There’s still the mental practice there.”
Anybody worrying about the focus, just read what Kelly said last night.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I like this Ryan Kelly dude...I imagine we'll be seeing another graduate student center before his career is done. He has laser focus

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I like this Ryan Kelly dude...I imagine we'll be seeing another graduate student center before his career is done. He has laser focus
I do too and Coach Saban was quoted saying Ryan is "tenacious and tough". I think we are all going to like this kid a lot on and off the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.