*** 2013 Fall Camp Thread ***

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The players who spoke to the media said Geno and Trey had to stand in front of the team and apologize for the reasons behind their suspensions.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Scott Hunter on WNSP in Mobile just said a trusted observer of last scrimmage said OLine looked like they had a long way to go before they started working well together as a unit. Who knows why they flipped Arie and Austin back to their original positions, but it certainly doesn't sound optimal for chemistry.
I read a post forwarded to me from a suppossed trusted insider. The OL report was not good and there was one player singled out that I had high hopes for but it was one day and time to get better.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Could our defense actually be better than we've heard, at least when it comes to the boys upfront. Nothing helps a secondary more than a great front 7!
I dont think its a matter of our defense not being good, more that the media isnt aware of the talent thats replacing our lost starters...

Due to the talent level of the players coming in as starters, and the game experience they've had as subs, we should be just as good, if not better, than last year in my opinion...

I dont think its a matter of our defense not being good, more that the media isnt aware of the talent thats replacing our lost starters...

Due to the talent level of the players coming in as starters, and the game experience they've had as subs, we should be just as good, if not better, than last year in my opinion...
I guess I'm just anxious. I thought our defense would be better than last year's. is it possible though that it'll approach 2011 though? That's the question.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The talk around the OL has shifted to a less optimistic view recently. That seems to me to be the only possible roadblock, excluding injuries.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
The talk around the OL has shifted to a less optimistic view recently. That seems to me to be the only possible roadblock, excluding injuries.
The fact that we are shifting Greene to TE suggests to me that we are going to need help on the right side blocking and that none of our current TEs are on the level of Williams in providing that help. I also wonder with CMC being the new position coach are the techniques being taught the same, etc. I am hoping that a change in techniques has not resulted in our loss of power on the line.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Personally I think this is the most talented/athletic D-line since Saban has been here it is just a matter of them playing to there potential.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well, we are playing our offense vs. our defense...... and I don't think we'll see a better overall unit on either side.
Look at what Saban said post-scrimmage on Saturday. He talked in circles about the line play. He described the OL as "soft" but said the the DL "had no push." If the OL is soft, the Dl is going ot get a push and vice-versa. It's natural.

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL
Or if it's 1's vs 2's, both could be true. I think the O-Line will be fine, it's just going to take a few games for the light-bulb to come on.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Look at what Saban said post-scrimmage on Saturday. He talked in circles about the line play. He described the OL as "soft" but said the the DL "had no push." If the OL is soft, the Dl is going ot get a push and vice-versa. It's natural.
I think he was using the "carrot" early on to pump the Oline up a bit re: spring/early summer practices. Now, closer to the season opener, he is using the "whip". ;)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Is there a cause for concern or is this just a wait and see?!
Here's the bottom line: we lost Warmack and Fluker. Two of the best OL we've ever had. Two top 12 picks in the NFL draft. Of course, there was going to be a drop off.

Those guys were maulers in the run game. It showed up on film. It showed up with the number of defenders flat on their backs.

Do Arie K and Shep have to do the same thing? Heck no. They may be less 'physically dominant' but they can still use good technique to open holes.

So, is there less 'push'? Probably so. Can we still have a great offense? You better believe it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.