News Article: Great Article about Alabama's Offensive potential this year

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
That's a fun article to read. If you are a little stressed by everyday life, reading stuff like that is like a little mini-vacation. Summer's my favorite season, but I can't wait for fall.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I disagree with one point though. Our offensive success didn't start with the current OC. We've had roughly the same balance for about 5 years. Production has increased due to personnel more than anything.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
He's really starting to focus on the little things that are going to take his game to the next level
I liked this where he was talking about amari. I can only imagine the collective soiling of pants that took place in d coordinator offices around the SEC

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Don't worry, .05 seconds into the va tech game thread, there will be rumblings of a meltdown asking for one of our coaches heads. ;)
I think that every fan base does this. You should see some of the OSU game threads from last year. Without the moderation that this board provides, it gets ugly.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
Can anyone remember when Bama had this much talent and depth on Offense heading into a season? The amount of talent/depth we have this year is just plain scary, and they will definitely make the Defense better every day in practice.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
great article. that said, I love that we're not being touted as a potential greatest team ever and all that blather. aside from acknowledging our dominance and opportunity to three-peat, I haven't heard much over-the-top stuff about us. I think that's a great thing.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
The stat about having 2 TD leads by halftime in 10 games was pretty awesome. This article did get me very pumped for the season. Though that's not hard to do at this point.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Can anyone remember when Bama had this much talent and depth on Offense heading into a season? The amount of talent/depth we have this year is just plain scary, and they will definitely make the Defense better every day in practice.
I attended my first Tide game in 1966 (Bama vs. South Carolina in Tuscaloosa) and I was a student at the university at the height of Bryant's second dynasty. In all the time that I've been a fan, I've never seen anything like the depth of offensive talent that we have this year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
One aspect of Bama's offense that I love is the ability to use multiple formations. That's one big upside to the pro-style offense. Luckly, Alabama's talent allows to do it. If Bama wants to get in I-formation, there's no issue with it. If Bama needs to go 5-wide, no issue there.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
One aspect of Bama's offense that I love is the ability to use multiple formations. That's one big upside to the pro-style offense. Luckly, Alabama's talent allows to do it. If Bama wants to get in I-formation, there's no issue with it. If Bama needs to go 5-wide, no issue there.
That flexibility to be multiple is going to really put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses. With so much to prepare for, defenses are going to be consistently vulnerable as long as we keep AJ clean and create some running space.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
No, because I really think we are now in unprecedented territory as far as skill players go. This will be the most proliferative offense in Alabama history...it will go down in history.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
How does a team match up against us in a 5 wide set with this group of receivers???

...Amari Cooper, Kenny Bell, Deandrew White, Kevin Norwood, Christion Jones, Chris Black (who was expected to be the breakout receiver last spring until his injury)

add in Raheem Falkins and Robert Foster as freshmen who may make an impact....

Amazing, ...Just amazing....

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.