DE / Jack Da'Shawn Hand Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLIT

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2011
Central VA
Until the ink dries...

A source close to the Michigan athletic department has told me that it is a done deal to Michigan.
It is a verbal sign, sealed, and delivered. Michigan hasn't really been relevant since their NC in 1997 (Their only undefeated, untied season since 1948). Before that, it was the early 70's when Schem started his tenure, and that success only lasted 5 years. Michigan is a mediocre team in a mediocre conference, and will remain mediocre. Having 2 top recruits is a huge stroke of the ego, as well as a huge stroke of the checkbook. Ohio State's success has really gotten under the skin of the trustees up there, and they are doing what they feasibly can to stay within striking distance of TOSU. They will not be a major player in the arms race for many years to come. Their orbit is much longer than the Bama's, the Horns, and the Florida Schools.

Count this one out brother unless he delivers a shocker and slaps the taste out the mouth of the ones that have been feeding him most. Not likely here.
Isn't way too easy to assume any top recruit who doesn't pick a traditional Southern (or Texas) power is getting paid? What do you know about the Michigan program that makes you suggest that Hand or anyone else is getting paid?

I'm pretty familiar with the Michigan program and the culture up there, and I, for one, would be surprised if any of their recruits are getting any extra benefits over and beyond what all of these guys get at all of the big schools.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Isn't way too easy to assume any top recruit who doesn't pick a traditional Southern (or Texas) power is getting paid? What do you know about the Michigan program that makes you suggest that Hand or anyone else is getting paid?

I'm pretty familiar with the Michigan program and the culture up there, and I, for one, would be surprised if any of their recruits are getting any extra benefits over and beyond what all of these guys get at all of the big schools.
Well said. Sometimes a kid just wants to go to a certain school other than the one we support and are so emotionally wrapped up in that we can`t imagine why they would go any place else.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Until the ink dries...

Michigan hasn't really been relevant since their NC in 1997 (Their only undefeated, untied season since 1948).
Considering they were a field goal away from playing for the NC in 2006, I'd say that isn't really fair.

It is pretty funny reading what the Michigan fans post about Alabama. They think no one graduates from here, they either go to the NFL early or transfer out.

If only they knew that pretty much every senior on the team has already graduated and a good number of the red-shirt juniors as well.

Last edited:

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Until the ink dries...

A source close to the Michigan athletic department has told me that it is a done deal to Michigan.
It is a verbal sign, sealed, and delivered. Michigan hasn't really been relevant since their NC in 1997 (Their only undefeated, untied season since 1948). Before that, it was the early 70's when Schem started his tenure, and that success only lasted 5 years. Michigan is a mediocre team in a mediocre conference, and will remain mediocre. Having 2 top recruits is a huge stroke of the ego, as well as a huge stroke of the checkbook. Ohio State's success has really gotten under the skin of the trustees up there, and they are doing what they feasibly can to stay within striking distance of TOSU. They will not be a major player in the arms race for many years to come. Their orbit is much longer than the Bama's, the Horns, and the Florida Schools.

Count this one out brother unless he delivers a shocker and slaps the taste out the mouth of the ones that have been feeding him most. Not likely here.
I hate drivel like this.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not sure how anyone inside the Michigan athletic department can say where he's going. He and his parents are the only ones who know. He hasn't told any of the three staffs. Granted, all recruiting signs point towards Michigan.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
If he picks the Capstone, good for us. If he goes to UM, the best of luck. We can't get them all and will miss on many more. I still trust that the staff has several back up plans. No worries.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.