2015 QB Ricky Town Decommits from Alabama, Flips to USC

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I like to play Devil's Advocate on a lot of things, but in my 31 years I have learned that some things are meant to be passed along in actual conversation. This is one of them.

You don't ask a girl out/break up by text.
You don't quit a job/call in to work by text.
You don't give someone bad news by text.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
And he was sure to mention that he hadn't heard back from CNS, too. An actual conversation would have fixed that from the start.

Best of luck to the young man. Moving on...

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I like to play Devil's Advocate on a lot of things, but in my 31 years I have learned that some things are meant to be passed along in actual conversation. This is one of them.

You don't ask a girl out/break up by text.
You don't quit a job/call in to work by text.
You don't give someone bad news by text.
I know a guy who proposed to his wife via text while he was sitting next to her on the couch, and yes she cried - tears of sadness. She said yes, but she hates telling the story.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I didn't see where it was such a big deal. Still early and Ricky Town is still unproven and could get hurt next year and never play a down of college ball,(hopefully that is not the case, I wouldn't wish that on an enemy). How long has it been since a highly touted QB from California has actually panned out? Maybe Kiffin thought or was advised while at USCw that Town did not fit the offense that the Trojans ran.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I just read a tweet that Ricky Town is transferring from USC, not sure why. Glad he de-committed from us though and we got Blake Barnett.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Appears Florida is a possible landing spot for Town. Remember, he committed when Nuss was the OC. Florida would make sense given Nuss being there and plenty of questions at the QB position.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Appears Florida is a possible landing spot for Town. Remember, he committed when Nuss was the OC. Florida would make sense given Nuss being there and plenty of questions at the QB position.
That would be a better situation for him in all honesty. Florida needs quality qbs and would be getting a really good one. Town imo didn't continue to develop in his senior year.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
These kids get too much smoke blown up their skirts too early. We regularly see kids transferring before they even know their way around campus.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Hearing Arkansas also. Would prefer him to go to FLA so we don't have to play against him every year and I pull for Mac when I can.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.