Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Bama Loses Potential Recruit Ricky Town

Del Rio leaving and a two-year player coming in who would get him to RS Sophomore (when you'd like to start new QBs at the earliest in most situations) shouldn't be swaying him away. I think it is more likely that he simply prefers the Sarkisian/Nussmeier QBC and OC approach to Kiffin's. It says a lot that he never considered USC seriously until the recent coaching carousal movement. Specifically with us losing Nuss, USC gaining a HC who employed Nuss before Alabama, and Alabama gaining USC's former HC Kiffin. Again, it is nothing against the kid. He needs to find the staff combination and position coach he is comfortable with making a long-term commitment. QB is a finicky position when it comes to head coaching, coordinator, and QB coach changes. I knew we were practically going to have to re-recruit Ricky Town into the new staff's approach and he just wasn't buying what we were selling.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    I'm really not getting why people think the possibility of getting Coker would make a 2015 kid change his mind. Coker will have 2 years max. If he does start he could leave after one year. It's far more likely USC is where he wanted to go and the coaching change got him to reconsider the Trojans.
    If Cornwell grabs the job and doesn't let go, then Town could have had to wait as long as three years if DC redshirts. That played a role, IMO. Just a really crowded looking depth chart. I was hoping it wouldn't scare him away, but maybe it did - or didn't and other places just look better.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: *** 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to Alabama ***

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    This has been my fear for a few weeks now...
    Yep. I've been expecting this actually. I'm not saying its over, but I would almost bet Town won't be coming Bama, as bad as I hate it.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

'Next!'
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    'Next!'
    As always. Seems like Saban was already cultivating some options. Seems like they already thought Town was a tenuous commit after recent shakeups.

BamaNation All-American mikeua69's Avatar

He officially committed to USC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR

BamaNation All-American

Seem to have a tough time holding onto players from California but early reports indicated Town and family were really set for him to play at Bama. Looks like a really good prospect; hate to lose out on this one.

Hopefully the current and future Bama QB's will make us forget any that got away.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

so who do we go after now?
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by alabama mike1 View Post
    According to al.com, Ricky Town, 5 star recruit decided he does not want to play in T'town. I apologize to everyone because I have no idea how to post a link with an IPad.
    Town's saw the potential of a star QB transferring to Alabama, and another red-shirt QB coming in and likely being ahead of him.
    Hand writing on the wall sez he's likely to get more playing time at USCw than at Alabama...
    Pretty simple really.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 25th, 2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: format

Re: *** 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to USC ***

In less than 24 hours after he de-commits from Bama "2015 QB Ricky Town Commits To USC"

http://usc.247sports.com/
    Hand (Da'Shawn), the consensus choice by the major recruiting services as the nation's No. 1 defensive lineman, told 247Sports that each school in his top five has its own unique appeal to him.

"All have their little pieces," Hand said. "At Auburn, I went to a construction site. At South Carolina, it was the linemen, at Michigan it was the sports marketing and at Alabama, it was Alabama. It's Alabama."

Re: 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to USC

"2015 QB Ricky Town Commits To USC" in less than 24 hours after de-committing from Bama

Last edited by Boo Radley; January 25th, 2014 at 11:16 PM.
    Hand (Da'Shawn), the consensus choice by the major recruiting services as the nation's No. 1 defensive lineman, told 247Sports that each school in his top five has its own unique appeal to him.

"All have their little pieces," Hand said. "At Auburn, I went to a construction site. At South Carolina, it was the linemen, at Michigan it was the sports marketing and at Alabama, it was Alabama. It's Alabama."

BamaNation First Team

Whatever.

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    "2015 QB Ricky Town Commits To USC" in less than 24 hours after de-committing from Bama

That was to be expected. Admittedly, Sark has a way of making average quarterbacks look like all-stars, so no telling what he can do with a stud like Town. Plus, being a USC quarterback seems to guarantee being taken in the first 3 rounds of the draft no matter the skill set, so I can't say that this is a bad move for Town. I wish him well personally, and hope he never surpasses 7 wins.
    Formerly BamaBomber