2015 QB Ricky Town Decommits from Alabama, Flips to USC

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: *** 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to Alabama ***

I just saw this pic Ricky had just posted about his last visit to Bama last week with his parents & he said he was blown away & his Mom loved it there..As Coach Bryant always said..Always recruit Mom first..Which is great news, just cause he's going to be a great QB at Bama & one of the highest profile out of state QB's we've landed at Bama, I can't wait to see him doing his thang at Bama..This isn't ground breaking news, but, thought yall would enjoy his great visit to Bama..

I just saw this pic Ricky had just posted about his last visit to Bama last week with his parents & he said he was blown away & his Mom loved it there..As Coach Bryant always said..Always recruit Mom first..Which is great news, just cause he's going to be a great QB at Bama & one of the highest profile out of state QB's we've landed at Bama, I can't wait to see him doing his thang at Bama..This isn't ground breaking news, but, thought yall would enjoy his great visit to Bama..

Thanks for the pic. Future is very bright!

Sent from my iPhone

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Thanks for posting Tideman. You have to love the way this entire California family has totally bought in (at least Bama gear). Ricky will be a great player for us.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Thanks for posting Tideman. You have to love the way this entire California family has totally bought in (at least Bama gear). Ricky will be a great player for us.
No problem TiderJ & JBama, I thought it was great news, and doesn't his little brother look like Big Bro's spitting image..Lets hope he inherits Big Bro's Elite QB Football DNA & he becomes another Elite Bama QB down the road..LOL

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I realize he's just in the middle of his junior year of high school, but is there any indication that he will be an early entry?

Is it even possible for him to know at this point?

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I realize he's just in the middle of his junior year of high school, but is there any indication that he will be an early entry?

Is it even possible for him to know at this point?

I think usually anyone who enrolls early has a plan to do so. I would think he would be a good candidate to enroll early. Most QB's can start learning the playbook and throwing with their WR to develop chemistry. Plus, there is a good chance Bama won't have an incumbant QB for his frosh year.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Wish he could've made it to the LSU game. That atmosphere would've been awesome for any recruit to see.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I saw where Ricky sent out a tweet to DHand congratulating him and welcoming him to Bama. I think Mehki Brown did too. I love how these 2015 guys are already recruiting and bonding with 2014 recruits. Makes for a lot tighter bunch when everyone gets on campus. It's beginning to be the recruits who are recruiting the most, not the coaches.
Ricky is a smart and classy kid. He knows how to get a NC when he gets to Bama. He is putting in the work now.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010

Question....How well can the kid on the left throw? Maybe a 2020 prospect????? Hmmmmm???

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Great article here about Ricky. Congrats on being an Army All American. Glad to the the Army game bringing in some top prospects this year. Looks like most of our 2014 commits will play in this game instead of the Under Armor game. Does anyone know exactly what kind of community work or charity work they do while in San Antonio?

http://alabama.247sports.com/Articl...ky-Town-selects-Army-All-American-Bowl-162731

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

His form looks almost perfect. He also has really good footwork already. I was excited when we signed Bateman, ecstatic when we signed Cornwell, but Town looks like he could be in a league of his own. I am stoked to see the quarterback battles of the future.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Whats his status with LK as our OC? Is he still on board?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Whats his status with LK as our OC? Is he still on board?
I'm not sure. I saw a tweet yesterday from a recruiting analysis saying he may "open" after this announcement. He gave no reason for why he believes that, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.