2015 QB Ricky Town Decommits from Alabama, Flips to USC

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Re: *** 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to Alabama ***

Have to wonder if that had less to do with CLK and more to do with Coker being strongly rumored to head our way. We will see how it all shakes out.

BamaCorvin

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Chattanooga , Tn

Have to wonder if that had less to do with CLK and more to do with Coker being strongly rumored to head our way. We will see how it all shakes out.
If Coker comes here and is as good as everyone hopes he will be, then he could be a Russell Wilson situation. One year and done. Doubt Coker has any effect on Town

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If Coker comes here and is as good as everyone hopes he will be, then he could be a Russell Wilson situation. One year and done. Doubt Coker has any effect on Town
He'll have two years to play. I doubt he only plays a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even so, Town could still be in line to start as a sophomore or redshirt freshman. Doubt he (town) thinks he will come in and start as true freshman.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I don't see why that matters either way. Ricky should like the idea of Coker being the starter, it would give him a chance to earn the starting job as a redshirt freshman. There's not many true freshman QBs that have had success, if anything I'd think Ricky would like the idea of the starter being gone right when he's ready to play.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

This is the guy I wanted since the June article and watched the tape, I really want to see this guy play, I'm happy WOO HOO!
I hope He don't change, I remember watching Avier Arenas tapes in High School They both see the field very well at Different positions, I feel just like I did over Avier I think this Guy is going to be special!

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

I'm sure Kiffin was recruiting him for USC and they have a relationship. Good to know he got right on Ricky.
Sorry to have to remind you, but Kiffin already had a '15 quarterback recruited for USC. For a long time ahead of time. And that's blue font not for saracasm but fact, should you choose to click on it.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing this video..Ricky has as much touch passing the ball, as any high school QB, I've seen on the high school level..He looks like he would be ready to be the starter, the day he walks onto campus..He's that good..
He looks like "the one" doesn't he? He looks like a NFL caliber QB.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Yup..On film Ricky looks as talented, as any kid I've seen recruited by Bama, his film is as impressive as any SEC QB coming out of the high school level..I think he looks better than Aaron Murray or as good as him coming out of high school..

What should be scary for our rivals, is that David Cornwell is on the same level, we're going to have a stable of stud QB's for Kiffin to build our offense around..

He looks like "the one" doesn't he? He looks like a NFL caliber QB.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010

Can anyone tell me if Saban is also recruiting the "tree with hands" he is throwing to most of the time?
Also, what is the general comparison between Town and Cornwell? Both seem to be on the same level.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Here's another video of Town: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hwHjhVDJMg
He really has a great handle on play action and is also good in moving the pocket to extend plays. And oh yeah, the fella can scramble too, saw that in one of his other videos. I hope he does stick as well, seems like our offense is tailor-made for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.