2015 QB Ricky Town Decommits from Alabama, Flips to USC

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: *** 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to Alabama ***

What should be scary for our rivals, is that David Cornwell is on the same level, we're going to have a stable of stud QB's for Kiffin to build our offense around..
I'm not sure we'll be able to keep both of them. I doubt Cornwell gets the job in 2014 and more than likely will RS. Which means when Town comes in 2015 even if he redshirts he will only be one year behind Cornwell. If they both have the ability to be as good as we think they do I doubt either one of them decides to ride the bench that long. But I've been wrong before.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I'm not sure we'll be able to keep both of them. I doubt Cornwell gets the job in 2014 and more than likely will RS. Which means when Town comes in 2015 even if he redshirts he will only be one year behind Cornwell. If they both have the ability to be as good as we think they do I doubt either one of them decides to ride the bench that long. But I've been wrong before.
Yep. We're facing the same situation we had in the 2009 and 2010 recruiting classes.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

Let me see if you are not afraid of competition it shouldn't matter, Ask aron murray what can happen.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I agree 100% with ya BB, at the level we recruit, this is a problem we will always be facing, and while it's a never good situation when a caliber of these players leave,it's a great problem to have, as compared to what we were dealing with before Coach Saban came to Bama..We had a sign in our locker room that sums it up best.."Only The Strong Survive"..When it's all said & done..we will become the best in college football when the dust settles in the spring for the starting job at QB..JMHO

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Let me see if you are not afraid of competition it shouldn't matter, Ask aron murray what can happen.
Just because a QB doesn't come to Alabama because of Bateman, Cornwell, and Town being on campus doesn't mean he's afraid of competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city

He seems more impressive on «video» than Bateman and Cornwell. I think he has a higher ceiling that the other two. What do you think guys ?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Agreed, though highlight videos should be always served with plenty of salt.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

He seems more impressive on «video» than Bateman and Cornwell. I think he has a higher ceiling that the other two. What do you think guys ?
That's the general thinking as it pertains to Bateman. A bit better arm strength and overall accuracy, and he's done it against better competition.

Cornwell is a bit of a different story. He has pretty similar arm strength to Town, and is (or was) more mobile, but the system he has played in isn't as similar to ours as the one Town runs at St. Bonaventure, and obviously no one knows really how the knee injury will affect him just yet.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

That's the general thinking as it pertains to Bateman. A bit better arm strength and overall accuracy, and he's done it against better competition.

Cornwell is a bit of a different story. He has pretty similar arm strength to Town, and is (or was) more mobile, but the system he has played in isn't as similar to ours as the one Town runs at St. Bonaventure, and obviously no one knows really how the knee injury will affect him just yet.
Town hands down has played against better competition with Cornwell coming from Oklahoma where there is not a bunch of D-1 talent and Bateman coming from Utah - enough said. However, they both have talented arms and if they can get the mental side of it down they both can be excellent QB's.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

Just because a QB doesn't come to Alabama because of Bateman, Cornwell, and Town being on campus doesn't mean he's afraid of compe

If he changes his mind,and decommits because of what bb says. Just asking what does it mean then?

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

From what I hear he is like an Andrew Luck and is one of those guys that could start as a true freshman.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

From what I hear he is like an Andrew Luck and is one of those guys that could start as a true freshman.
If my memory serves me correct, Andrew Luck was a redshirt freshmen not a true freshmen when he started.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Did anyone expect him not to visit USC? Supposedly he talked to CLK and he is still on board. Recruiting is very fluid though.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

I agree 100% with ya BB, at the level we recruit, this is a problem we will always be facing, and while it's a never good situation when a caliber of these players leave,it's a great problem to have, as compared to what we were dealing with before Coach Saban came to Bama..We had a sign in our locker room that sums it up best.."Only The Strong Survive"..When it's all said & done..we will become the best in college football when the dust settles in the spring for the starting job at QB..JMHO
We're always only one play away from needing that backup QB.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

I seen where Coach Saban was in Cal to Town And another top QB watched both videos Town still gets my nod as looking the best.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Town's video shows he has a really quick release. Not sure how strong his arm is, but is very quick. Reminds me a little of Manziel throwing (not running). He seems to move pretty well in the pocket and throws on the run pretty accurately. It should be quite a competition when Town and Cornwell are competing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.