2015 QB Ricky Town Decommits from Alabama, Flips to USC

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
*** 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to Alabama ***

Ahh I just googled him and haven't seen anything about him de committing other than his Twitter account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: *** 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to Alabama ***

If he de committed because of a certain coach, that's too bad. His thorough business decision was one of the reasons I respected him on his early commitment. Perhaps Sarkisian coming to USC was a factor. Whatever. Good luck kid. We have capable QBs on our roster to get the job done.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He decommits two days after saying he would be an EE.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Nothing ever surprises me anymore about recruits changing teams. These are teenage boys we are talking about. They can never make up their minds.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN

I think the changing of the coaching landscape put too much indecision in his mind so he decommitted. Coach Nuss leaving who was his recruiter and going to be his OC and also Sarkisian going to USC who you know is already all over him was just too much. Still a lot of time to get him back to Bama .

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I think the changing of the coaching landscape put too much indecision in his mind so he decommitted. Coach Nuss leaving who was his recruiter and going to be his OC and also Sarkisian going to USC who you know is already all over him was just too much. Still a lot of time to get him back to Bama .
I wouldn't be shock if we continue to recruit him but I think he's staying home when it's all said and done.

I'm not really upset actually. It's hard to miss a kid that might not see the field in 3 years and that's if he beats out Cornwell.
before anybody thinks we might miss out on a " superstar", anybody remember Gunner Kiel???

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
*** 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to Alabama ***

Saban meet with him this week. On the same day, Saban met with another top 2015 QB.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I know you can never have to many good QBs, but I think maybe we should take a look at how many we sign. Town probably figures why go to Bama when Cornwell is going there and Coker will transfer there. Plus all the guys that are on scholarship right now. We've played 3 starting QBs in the CNS era. I don't think RT is scared of competition but there is only one football and only one starter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.