2015 QB Ricky Town Decommits from Alabama, Flips to USC

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: *** 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to Alabama ***

I suppose our recruiting presence speaks for itself at this point. To pick up an elite QB out of the greater LA area, right out from under USC, UCLA, and Stanford? That's just kind of who we are right now. One day this train is going to slow down and we're going to go back to something more normal, but hopefully that is no time soon.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

I really like the fact that our recruiting has spread to west coast area. I just hope we keep expanding and get some of the HI kids too.
I suppose our recruiting presence speaks for itself at this point. To pick up an elite QB out of the greater LA area, right out from under USC, UCLA, and Stanford? That's just kind of who we are right now. One day this train is going to slow down and we're going to go back to something more normal, but hopefully that is no time soon.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL

And people say Bama's system doesn't look attractive to top notch QBs. QB commits in 2013, 2014, and 2015 kills that notion. Roll Tide

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

And people say Bama's system doesn't look attractive to top notch QBs. QB commits in 2013, 2014, and 2015 kills that notion. Roll Tide
Well when we are one of only a relatively few programs now that run drop back/NFL style offenses we are going to get QB's that want to be prepared to play in the NFL.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Not as long as CNS is the engineer. :)

We have long since passed that time that some programs go through when they start losing recruits because of so much success... The time when kids look elsewhere because of playing time. Granted there may be one or two here and there but we just keeping rolling them in regardless of how deep the charts are.

Welcome aboard!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Shocked by this one happening this early. Sounds like he means for it to be a COMMITMENT as well. Hope it doesn't impact Cornwell.

RTR
It shouldn't, you have what it takes, or you don't. Phillip Sims kind of sums that up. It ultimately didn't matter who was in front of Phillip, what mattered is that he just didn't have what it took to be a big time D1 QB.

Look at USC. They had a Mustain as their what, third stringer? A back-up punter? He just didn't have what it took. Matt Cassel on the other hand? He was a backup QB at USC that started in the NFL.

Let's go to LSU. Matt Flynn was a 5th year starter, a Saban recruit, which he turned into a national championship, and an NFL career. The common thread running through USC, LSU, and Alabama under Saban? If you play QB in those situations, the NFL is going to take a look at you. Phillip Sims didn't hurt his changes by going to Alabama, Ely didn't, Star Jackson didn't, etc... but McElroy certainly seemed to help his chances, same with AJ and JPW.

I understand the quarterbacks lining up to play for Saban, because if they can see the field they are all but insured a shot in the NFL. There's not a lot of other places they can insure that sort of thing, nor can they insure that level of coaching. There's a lot less risk than some might assume by being a back-up QB at Alabama, if you're good enough you'll probably play and if not you can always transfer out and get some playing time (though likely not an NFL career). You might have a ring or two for your trouble...

Anyway, very glad to see him committed!

Last edited:

bonehouse81

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2006
Clarksville, TN

We're witnessing an unprecedented combination of recruiting, talent development, and on-field success right now. Enjoy it, folks.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

This commitment blows my mind. Quarterback is going to go from a potential weakness, to becoming almost overloaded with talent. I am super excited about this guy and Cornwell. Their battle for the top spot could be pretty epic. Then you have Bateman, Morris, Del Rio, and MacCleod who won't go down without a fight either. The battle for qb will be an ongoing fight for years to come.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.