Va Tech WR Joel Caleb Suspended for Alabama Game

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Their CB, Exum, who in my mind at least is their best all around player is out against us too. Gonna be tough sledding as it is. No need to make it harder for the rest of your team.

In any event, it's an opportunity for some other players to step up on the biggest stage. The last time we played them, I think their starting RB was injured, and Ryan Williams wound up having a pretty impressive showing.

bamacpa70

1st Team
Nov 17, 2003
Roanoke, VA
http://www.roanoke.com/sports/virgi...inia-tech-cornerback-exum-has-work-to-do.html

Article on who will be filling in for Exum. A freshman and an RS Freshman are in the running. Could mean a big day for AJ & the receiving corps. Not a confident quote from the DB coach:

“You’re going from, ‘Maybe I’m getting these guys ready,’ to, ‘Oh [shoot], they’ve got to get ready,’ ” defensive backs coach Torrian Gray said. “I’ve got a little bit of anxiety, but somebody normally steps up. … And if one guy’s not ready, you have to play a couple of guys as a combination. One guy might not be ready to play 60 plays, but if you get 45 and 15 or 30/30, they’ll determine that, who will play.”

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Maybe we should let our 'Scout Team' beat em... ;)

Seriously, I expect VT to bring their A-Game to Atlanta, but it looks like this game could get
out of hand early...

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Here's the post-game narrative for the Hokies; it's well-used, but perhaps it'll be more credible this time around: "You know, if that guy wouldn't have been suspended & the other guy hurt, we'd have won. We knew everything they were doing." ;)

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
http://www.roanoke.com/sports/virgi...inia-tech-cornerback-exum-has-work-to-do.html

Article on who will be filling in for Exum. A freshman and an RS Freshman are in the running. Could mean a big day for AJ & the receiving corps. Not a confident quote from the DB coach:

“You’re going from, ‘Maybe I’m getting these guys ready,’ to, ‘Oh [shoot], they’ve got to get ready,’ ” defensive backs coach Torrian Gray said. “I’ve got a little bit of anxiety, but somebody normally steps up. … And if one guy’s not ready, you have to play a couple of guys as a combination. One guy might not be ready to play 60 plays, but if you get 45 and 15 or 30/30, they’ll determine that, who will play.”
Yesterday on CFB Live they were discussing Va Tech's CB situation. David Pollack didn't know his mic was on during the segment and when the narrator said that two Freshman CB would be filling Exum's spot Pollack said "Yeah that'll help". I have a good feeling which way Pollack is leaning on picking this game.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
So AC draws their best db, presumably with safety help. And that leaves a RF/TF to cover, Norwood, White, Bell, or Black? I'm guessing you play a lot of nickel/dime zone? Or hope for a really bad weather day? Oh, wait....

HooBama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 11, 2009
Sittin on a dock by the Bay
Hokie fan thinks their defense will shut down Tide running game and give them a chance to upset. Hokie fan thinks A. J. is a game manager only. Hokie fan thinks Tide OL and DL won't be good due to loosing starters from last year. Hokie fan never has really thought too clearly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.