2014 SG Devin Mitchell Announcing on Wednesday

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Thanks for that insight - no argument on the all-round greatness of Charles CLEVE-land. Glad to have had the opportunity to see him play many games for 'Bama. But also think if he'd played for a college coach whose system featured an uptempo offense and could have developed his game - Wooden, Tark, Dean Smith - Charles would've been an NBA star for 15 years.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Thanks for that insight - no argument on the all-round greatness of Charles CLEVE-land. Glad to have had the opportunity to see him play many games for 'Bama. But also think if he'd played for a college coach whose system featured an uptempo offense and could have developed his game - Wooden, Tark, Dean Smith - Charles would've been an NBA star for 15 years.
I don't think there's any doubt about that. By the way, when he was a freshman(They still had freshman teams then) he was basically all the young team had. I watched them play the Walker College Rebels in Jasper when they were a really good program. The Tide frosh Coach was John Bostic and he pretty much "let Cleveland loose".
He played the point at 6'5" and I watched him score 44 points with 38 rebounds against the Rebels. The only thing I've ever seen in person that surpassed it was Maravich scoring 69 points in T-Town. Ironically, Walker College won the game 102-100 and Bama beat LSU 102-100. Remember both games like they were yesterday.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.